GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My PS2 has broken"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/04/05 at 13:22
Regular
And I have no intention of fixing it. Now, I need your advice. I assume you know about these things. When is the next console coming out? PlayStation 3 or whatever. Should I wait for that or try and pick me up a pikey PS2 off eBay. All I play these days is PES4. To be honest, my favourite console was my N64. But I'm not a gamer, really, so I don't know anything.
Sat 09/04/05 at 15:29
Regular
"8==="
Stryke wrote:
> Revolution? Gay name.

Yeah because 'playstation' doesn't sound gay at all...
Sat 09/04/05 at 14:15
Regular
Revolution? Gay name. Although it was Revolution Studios that made the Broken Sword series. Maybe there is hope.

All I want from it is a Zelda game that doesn't look like a 1 year olds paint-by-numbers and a good Mario game, and all I want from the PS3 is Pro Evo 5 and Grand Theft Auto 4.

It's not too much to ask.
Sat 09/04/05 at 13:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
The new Nintendo console is currently called "Nintendo Revolution" (I think) and will be released slightly before the PS3. That's mid to late next year.
Sat 09/04/05 at 13:19
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin wrote:
> ;D
>
> I don't remember Zelda's gore / horror action particularly well. Care
> to refresh?

:)

The item inventories/attacking system/camera style/buttons all remind me of Zelda. I played it and after a couple of seconds, I thought, it's Zelda.

:D

Also when you go inside buildings, I swear there were so many times when I said outloud that it was Onimusha.

Maybe it's just in my head. Or maybe it's just Resi combining loads of good games so one route isn't traceable.
Sat 09/04/05 at 11:55
Regular
I can always play PES4 on my mates PS2. Or, if it comes to it, I'll go visit Blank.

I was actually more wondering how long it was until the next PlayStation console. I'll have to make the choice, I imagine. I chose SNES over Mega Drive, N64 over PS1 and PS2 over Cube, mainly because the Cube sucked balls. And I wanted GTA3.

Is there a new Nintendo console coming out? I realise this isn't the best place to ask about it, but I'm assuming you're not all uurghnintyfoolkillkillkill1111 about it.

And yeah, Ocarina of Time rocked. I'm unsure if it's that or Broken Sword on the PC which is my favourite game of all time. Why did Cube do that gay cel-shaded Zelda? I took one look at it in a magazine and threw it back in the shopclerks face. And then I punched her.
Sat 09/04/05 at 01:37
Regular
"Touched!"
If you only want it for one game then I'd certainly track down a cheap one on ebay. There are some bargains to be had!
Fri 08/04/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
;D

I don't remember Zelda's gore / horror action particularly well. Care to refresh?
Fri 08/04/05 at 22:44
"period drama"
Can't say my first thoughts upon playing Resi 4 were "oh my, what a Zelda rip-off."
Fri 08/04/05 at 21:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coin wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> my favourite console was my N64.
>
> Arr, ro>
Indeed.

*whistful sigh*

It's disgraceful just how badly Resi Evil 4 and others ripped off Zelda. But then again, I guess Zelda had to rip someone off.

Get a thin one and it'll have a resale value, last-longer and be quieter.
Fri 08/04/05 at 21:23
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I will buy the old one of you for £10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.