GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar Guide Book - Recommendations?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/03/04 at 20:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm buying an electric guitar next week some time and I'm not going to pay for lessons (Spending all my cash on the guitar) so I need a reasonably priced guide book to help me learn. I really don't know a great deal about music so It would have to be a beginners book - I know a few of you here play the guitar so I wondered if you had any recommendations, or perhaps books you don't use any more and would lend/sell me.

Cheers as always guys.

"Rock on"
Sun 07/03/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've got a few music books that are quite useful for learning stuff but it all depends on what kind of music you like.

I also have this book called Play Guitar which is helpful and has a lot to practice and is set out quite well.

Would be better though for someone to show you things though as sometimes books can confuse you, also good if you need to check things are sounding ok etc.

What guitar you going to get?
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Heheh.
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:39
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Azul wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I've only heard Trilogy Suite out of those and I can confirm it is
> perfect for a beginner.
>
>
> [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] If you want to destroy all confidence
> you
> have in yourself.
[/S][/S][/S][/S][/S][/S]
>
> Ahahahhaahha.
> :-D
>
> Arf, you could closed the thing.

ARGH!
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Azul wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
>
>
> [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] If you want to destroy all confidence
> you
> have in yourself.

>
> Ahahahhaahha.

Arf, you could closed the thing.
:-D
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
>
>
> [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] If you want to destroy all confidence you
> have in yourself.

Ahahahhaahha.
:-D
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've only heard Trilogy Suite out of those and I can confirm it is perfect for a beginner.

[S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] [S] If you want to destroy all confidence you have in yourself.
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Start off with easy techniques too, like sweep picking. Some good starter tunes are 'Trilogy Suite' and 'Anguish and Fear' by Yngwie Malmsteen and 'Eugene's Trickbag' by Steve Vai.

Note: the above may be lies
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:22
Regular
I play the guitar, I don't have the faintest idea on how to read sheet music, just read guitar tabs, it's easier.

I think the best way to learn is to get the groundwork in first, e.g learn the easy chords (C,A,G,E,D) and then work your way up from there.

Books are rubbish by the way.
Sun 07/03/04 at 22:12
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Not really. If you want to play other people's material it's easier to learn from tabulature, and if you want to write your own it isn't going to be of particular use.
Sun 07/03/04 at 21:54
Regular
"SOUP!"
But helps, I assume

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.