GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love is in the air"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/03/04 at 13:33
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Ok, I have recently 'fallen in love' with a girl form my class, I can't name her because its disrespectful to her, I don't know if she feels the same way and my friends use these forums and I do not want them to ruin it for either me or her. We have gradually gotten to know each other better over the past few months and the more I know about her, the more intense my feelings for her become. She is very shy (one of the many things that attracted me to her), and I don't want to be too forward in case she backs off and things become awkward between us, If I can't be her boyfriend then I would rather be her friend. What should I do?
Tue 09/03/04 at 12:17
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Excellent Bullett, I know what you are saying and I have hyped myself up till i'm blue in the face so today if my guts come back I'm gonna ask her to the cinema at the weekend, so heres hoping! Hope your relationship works out for you Bullett, our kind gotta stick together!
Tue 09/03/04 at 12:14
Regular
Gah!

*night

I knew I'd mess up somewhere in there!
Tue 09/03/04 at 12:13
Regular
Black hole wrote:
> I actually never have felt this way about someone before though, if
> you knew me then I would be able to explain because some of the
> things I have and have not been doing are very uncharacteristic of
> me. I have had a few girlfriends in the past but over the past few
> years I haven't had one because I have't liked anyone enough but she
> came along about 6 months ago and everything went haywire, she is
> very rare indeed, we have everything in common, shes nice looking (I
> really like her eyes), she's just perfect!

Wierd - reminds me of my situation two years ago.

I used to be extremely introverted(?) and would never make a move on a girl (could be due to my ugly ass getting rejected so much through school...).

I was working at McDonalds at the time and had just come out of a rocky - and short - relationship. I thought I really liked that girl and was gutted when the relationship ended (could have been a combination of the relationship ending, crashing my car, and my Dog needing to be put down).

I was really down - close to depression you might say.

Anyway,

A girl I had been working with for some time had begun flirting with me for some reason. It was good, but the wierd thing was, that I was flirting back. This went on for some time and I hyped myself up to make my move on her - this took a lot of guts for me. She never turned up to the noght out we had all arranged :(

Then, out of the blue, I went ahead and asked her - for the hell of it. As soon as I did that, I regretted it as she said she'd "think about it".

Here comes the unbelievable (for me anyway) - The next day I went p to her and said "you don't mind giving me your number anyway, do you?". Result! We exchanged numbers and mid-week she texted me to sort a date out!

Me = over the moon!

We are now engaged to be married and are looking for a house.

I've seriously got to stop babbling on!
Tue 09/03/04 at 12:02
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I actually never have felt this way about someone before though, if you knew me then I would be able to explain because some of the things I have and have not been doing are very uncharacteristic of me. I have had a few girlfriends in the past but over the past few years I haven't had one because I have't liked anyone enough but she came along about 6 months ago and everything went haywire, she is very rare indeed, we have everything in common, shes nice looking (I really like her eyes), she's just perfect!
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:59
Regular
I've hesitated in the past - and regretted it.Fair enough you may get rejected, but life goes on, just stay friends and be the best friend she has. It can work.

However - and this has been said before - if you don't make a move, it will be your fault that she meets someone else. You cannot expect an introvert to make the first move, it's solely up to you.

So you've invited her to this party. Great stuff. Is the venue far away? If not, how about meeting up with her and walking her there? Get a little chatting in there.

Don't put her under any pressure (as I'm sure you already knew that) and as Flockhart said, keep it to yourselves - friends alway seem to ruin things like this.

Make sure you are forward with yourself and never hesitate. If you both feel the same/similar way, crossed wires shouldn't be an issue so don't worry about that.

I'm babbling on again here.

Long story short - It's up to you to do the work!

Good luck.
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:56
Regular
"MooMoo"
Black hole wrote:
> Its not finding someone that desreves me though, I just feel really
> connected to her, dunno why but I feel that way. I asked her out to a
> party (sort of) and she said yes which is great but I still don't
> know if I should take it any further and actually ask her out.

But you could go on forever like that, then someone else will ask her out. What will you do then?. And if she really wasn't interested in you then she wouldn't of agreed to go to this party, would she?. Go to the party with her first, and if you still feel the same way about her, then go for it. Sometimes you can like someone for ages, but then when you actually go out with them you realise they're not the person for you. Happened to me more than once!
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:49
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I know, it's happened before, I think she likes me but if she said no then I think it would devastate me, I already find it ahrd sleeping, eating or doing anything because I can't stop thinking about her, I guess i'm afraid of rejection.
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Black hole wrote:
> I still don't
> know if I should take it any further and actually ask her out.

Go for it. If you don't, you'll never know, and that uncertainty could be with you for years. How would you feel if she starts seeing someone else, as she's unsure about your feelings towards her. Go for it. Asking to start with the the hardest part.
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:41
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Its not finding someone that desreves me though, I just feel really connected to her, dunno why but I feel that way. I asked her out to a party (sort of) and she said yes which is great but I still don't know if I should take it any further and actually ask her out.
Tue 09/03/04 at 11:27
Regular
"MooMoo"
As a woman of experience, i think you should just ask her out. What have you got to lose. If you don't ask her you'll never know how she feels. If you do ask her and she says yes, then great, if she says no then at least you know, and can find someone who deserves you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.