GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Views On God"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/03/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
I'm just wondering what people's views are on God. Do you beleive there is one? Don't you? Personally, i beleive either:-

A.) There is no God.

B.) He's not a very nice God.

Views?
Tue 09/03/04 at 16:17
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Forest Fan wrote:
>
> I respect other views, but I still want people to avoid hell, though.

It's quite easy, just stay in bed on a Sunday morning.
Tue 09/03/04 at 14:38
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Well i'm glad i've made you look into it. I'm not like Forest Fan
> running his mouth trying to convert everything in sight to his crazy
> ideals. I respect everyones right to believe in something different,
> just for me i think Buddhism is the best way to go.

I respect other views, but I still want people to avoid hell, though.
Sat 06/03/04 at 13:47
Regular
I read a book a while ago which was trying to make sense of if Moses actually existed, and what it basically says is that there is good chance that he did....however, his exploits are all down to a matter of interpretation as whoever wrote the first bible would have had to be careful not to upset his own religious leaders by going against the grain so to speak.....so anything in the original manuscripts which would upset the leaders of the time were changed in order to make it more acceptable to them. An interesting part of the book says about the "burning bush" episode...apparently if you translate the original story literally, it says that it was a "bush that burns".....in other words, the fruit on the bush made your mouth burn if you ate it! there are these bushes in the Middle East which will burn your mouth if you eat them, and they also contain a hallucinogen....which begs the question: "Did Moses actually get high and just thought that someone was talking to him?"
To me, that just about defines religion as a whole.....it's only an idea, and interpretation which powerful people have grabbed hold of in an attempt to rule the world and get themselves rich.....you don't see too many poor people in the Vatican, do you?!
Does God exist? Who knows....if he does I reckon he's given up on us. Surely religion should be a peaceful thing.....certainly not worth killing people for!
Sat 06/03/04 at 12:09
"possibly impossible"
Don't you think that most religions are spookily close to each other when you boil them down to their basics and take away the meddling bits that the organised religions have tacked on?

I mean, many religions stem from the biblical God and were only split due to 2 or 3 people disagreeing with a certain point. THese religions now seem so different because they are influenced by society, politics etc. Also, Eastern and Western religions have many meeting points, even though they were formed prior to any meeting between these groups.
Sat 06/03/04 at 12:04
"possibly impossible"
tributé wrote:
> I trust a theory by some German dude, and use to to defend my atheist
>
> If there is a God, why doesn't he stop evil? He musn't be kind.

Free Will

> If god IS kind, why doesn't he stop evil? He musn't be all powerful.

See above

> And so on.

And so on.
Sat 06/03/04 at 07:37
Regular
"Laughingstock"
If God is a word for the creative-will of existence - the juice that drives the engine, so to speak - then I believe in God.
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I go to a Catholic School.

suprising, none of the teachers seem to enforce Christianity, but, rather, suggest it.

Still, Religion is a subject you must take to GCSE.

But, then again, it might as well be called 'Theology'
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> people might think from my replies that I hate christianity. I really
> don't, I just hate people telling me that I'm going to burn in hell
> for eternity, just for not listening to them.

Yes i know what you mean. I don't hate it either i just can't believe in something like that because it sounds so crazy to me. I like the message of *treat others how you yourself want to be treated* it's just a shame they don't actually follow it.
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I trust a theory by some German dude, and use to to defend my atheist

If there is a God, why doesn't he stop evil? He musn't be kind.
If god IS kind, why doesn't he stop evil? He musn't be all powerful.

And so on.
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:31
Regular
people might think from my replies that I hate christianity. I really don't, I just hate people telling me that I'm going to burn in hell for eternity, just for not listening to them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.