GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paintballing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/03/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Planning on going soon.

Anyone been? Was it any good? Worth the money? Does it hurt? (doesn't matter if it does, I CAN TAKE IT MAN!) And, erm.
Yeah?

Good. Continue.
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Its great fun, but they dont really explain that paintballs cost £5 for 100 until you have shot them all on the first go.
By joe i was angry. Ruined my day.

Take a fair lot of money to enjoy it fully.
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
I can't imagine what that's going to feel like coming out the other end.

Ouch.
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I did, but I was also eating my knife collection at the same time, hence a lack of any real interest.

Hoo

:)
Thu 04/03/04 at 23:06
Regular
Has nobody read my mini-essay?
Wed 03/03/04 at 22:37
Regular
Paintballing's amazing.

First time I went, I was 11 and it was blow-pipe paintballing. On the plus side, it meant people would think more and work as a team - rather than frantically running around firing off ammo. The downer was that there was little element of reality to it, and the balls barely ever exploded. A shame, but it was good for us before we could use guns.

Forward four years. I'm 15. I've been wanting to go paintballing for ages now, and I finally do. You get there, get kitted up in combat / camoflauge clothing, get a pep talk about the dangers of a 250 mph paintball hitting you in the eye and a quick run through of the rules. Then you select your equiptment. A helmet or such like is a must, to protect the weak spots on your head - though if you wear glasses, use contact lenses. They get incredibly steamed up in there. Next, you grab your gun and your ammo, have a quick practice on the firing range and you're set to go.

In most cases, you'll have a scenario. It may be Capture the Flag, it may be assault, it may be Team Deathmatch - any number of things you would usually find in your run of the mill FPS. There will be areas designed according to different objectives, with deep woodland bases, bridges over ravines, car convoys and so forth. Many things that provide unlimited scope for tactical combat. It's really great fun.

At the end of it all, you'll most likely have a free for all session - in which you can take as many hits as you can. It's basically a way to waste your last remaining ammo - and it's where you'll take 90% of your hits. I went through the entire session not getting hit once, but it was a different story in the last game - it's every man for himself. The annoying thing was though, I was doing quite well. It was a very simple area where we played - with just generic four feet high triangles to hide behind. Some tape had been put round the outside for spectators. We were placed in various areas, and had to move towards the centre of the arena. It was going quite well - I was taking cover from enemy fire, and getting a fair few decent shots in. I was shooting at this one guy, who after a while gave up and walked out of the arena. I moved towards the centre - it was looking good, I was going to win. A couple more people ran out of ammo and left. It was just me and two more guys to go. *FWAP*. Right on my bare neck. Ouch bloody ouch. The first time I'd felt a paintball. I could feel the paint trickling down my neck. *FWAP* *FWAP* *FWAP*. Three more in my back. I turned to see my grinning mate, who had come back into the arena (turned out he left for getting pummelled too much) and had now targetted me to attack. Well, I dived out of the way, which left me completely open to the attack from the other two guys. Damn. That hurt in the morning.

Second place I went to was even better. Two games stand out in particular. The penultimate one and the last. In the former, the two teams were situated in there bases at either side of a wood - with a flag slap bang in the middle. The objective was to get the flag to the other team's base, so we had to be sure we got it first. My friend, a very fast runner, gave me his gun, and when the whistle sounded to start the game, our entire team charged down to the flag - him leading the way. Grabbing the flag, he turned and sprinted back into our territory, while the rest of our team hailed paintballs down onto the bewildered opposition. Standing there firing two guns with an army of people next to me felt very, very cool.

Secondly, there was the free for all game. Which was going pretty well until I ducked behind a tree and all my paintballs fell out of the poorly designed canister (the lid just popped open). "No! Not like this!" I thought. I bent down and tried to scoop them all back in. There were a few out beside the tree - in the firing line. I stretched my hand out to get them, so much so that the overalls pulled back and my forearm was bareskin. *FWAP*. Bang. Onto my bare wrist. And these guns were more powerful than the first time I went paintballing. It just cut the skin right off, and I started bleeding. Of course it didn't hurt at the time, because of all the adrenaline - but today I've got a nice trendy scar.

Ooh. Wrote a lot. Anyway, it's amazing. You have to go, so you can come back and tell us some of your own stories.
Wed 03/03/04 at 22:03
Regular
"That's right!"
As I said earlier, it's nothing amazing. But my day was really ruined by being on the opposite team of all but two of the people I went with (and I only actually knew two of them anyway, so that left one person on my team that I knew) and the fact that it was blisteringly hot. It was hard to just walk in that heat, with the full kit on, let alone run and shoot.

If you're going, go as soon as possible so it won't be too hot.
Wed 03/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Skarra wrote:
> One suggestion though if your a lad. Protect your 'area', if you know
> what i mean.

Oh, I know what you mean.

> he was peeing blood for three days. If it went on for much longer, he'd have needed
> to be 'drained'. But its still a great sport.

I love how you still tried to reencourage me with that last line there, at the end of it all.
"Yeah, peeing blood for three days. Still great though".

:-D

Cheers.
I'll have a looky at that link.
Wed 03/03/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
L'Azul wrote:
> Planning on going soon.
>
> Anyone been? Was it any good? Worth the money? Does it hurt? (doesn't
> matter if it does, I CAN TAKE IT MAN!) And, erm.
> Yeah?
>
> Good. Continue.

I'm a regular Paintballer. I love it to bits. Its my favorite sport of all time.

You know, Winston Churchill once said:

"There's nothing more exilerating than being shot at without result"

It truly is a great sport. The 4th most played in the US, and the fastest growing extreme sport in the UK.

If you are thinking of going, do so. If you're looking for places to go, try this:

http://www.ukpsf.com/paintballsites.htm

In answer to your questions, it's not good, its great, its easily worth the money, and it can hurt.

One suggestion though if your a lad. Protect your 'area', if you know what i mean. I know of one guy, got hit in the nads, he was peeing blood for three days. If it went on for much longer, he'd have needed to be 'drained'. But its still a great sport.
Wed 03/03/04 at 00:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Icarus wrote:
> Darling wrote:
> we had a 'game' and my mate
> said it would be alright to hide in this van cos i wouldnt get
> hit..was it fcuk?? i got peltet and sat there and cried like a baby
> until my boyfriend came and got me!
>
>
>
> I found this funny.

so do i reading it back! heh heh i do make myself laugh!
Wed 03/03/04 at 00:50
Amazingly, I suspected she was a tranny the moment I saw it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.