GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cube Spraying"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/04/05 at 17:04
Regular
Some of you may remember the Blube - my blue gamecube.

After an aborted attampt to do something with bamboo (the less said about that the better!), I'm going to respray another.

I'm in 2 minds about how to do it at the moment though. At first I was going to put a black stripe across the lid and down the front, and spray the front grey bit black. Maybe do one of the vents black too.

Then at the diy store I was looking at the paints, and a nice brown went pretty well with purple. Maybe just do the grey bits in brown.

Or I could go for a combination of the two.

*Ponders*
Thu 21/04/05 at 10:21
Regular
"the burning sky"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hey, I just found that site:
> [URL]http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/category_content.aspx?categoryid=179[/URL]
>
> Only a single colour, but you can see what looks good.

That white and black looks sweet! One thing I was wondering, is it possible to use the Cube shell as a midi-case, and get one of those mini-mobo's? Would be awesome! And you can pick the cases up (with the gamecube) for a reasonable price...
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:15
"period drama"
Hey, I just found that site:
[URL]http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/category_content.aspx?categoryid=179[/URL]

Only a single colour, but you can see what looks good.
Wed 20/04/05 at 21:05
"period drama"
What news?
Sun 17/04/05 at 18:34
Regular
Heh, I think I remember that one.

Decisions, decisions...

If I went for white with purple stripes I could leave the buttons as they are.
Or I could just take a little of the plastic off the inside of the button 'tube'.

The modchips look like they have potential, loading a bios onto the cube. If you could rig it up to a HDD (perhaps with a SD card adaptor) I wonder if you'd be able to fudge an OS into it.

It's almost tempting to try, it'd just be expensive and I don't know enough about that side of things.
But then again, maybe if the bios would allow you to accessa data cd, and load from that onto the drive for the sd card... Then on startup you could use the bios to initiate the operating system you'd put onto the SD card... And if the OS would allow you to treat the SD card as your basic HDD, and read data disks without problems...
Assuming the bios would accept one of those cube keyboards....

You could potentially run it as a pc. Maybe.

That'd be the height of achievement - getting minesweeper to run on a gamecube!

However, I'd have to buy:
A mod chip
Soldering gear
GC keyboard
SD card adaptor
Massive SD card (a gig at least really)
Possibly a dvd burner (I think you have to modify the lens to read cdrs)

Get hold of an old operating system that could run on a machine of the cube's capabilities.

It's a beautiful dream, but I don't see it happening.

If everything was completely white, that could be good. The grey thing too.

I think I will do the led this time, last time round buying the bits seemed like too much hassle, but I was new to the job and had already bought a few odds and ends.
Sun 17/04/05 at 12:36
"period drama"
What's the website where you can buy all kinds of different coloured consoles and iPods and stuff? I can't find in anywhere.
Sat 16/04/05 at 18:53
Regular
Oh, ok. I still have my SNES, somewhere...
Sat 16/04/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> I would love one of those. What's the SNES Type 2? Is it a mod?

Well kind of, it's a smaller gayer looking SNES.
Sat 16/04/05 at 01:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
cweek2000 wrote:
> munn wrote:
> This is still the winner:
>
> [URL]http://www.random6.com/nec/[/URL]
>
> I want it. NOW!

Lol. Listening to Hysteria by Muse when I read this. The chorus bit too.
Fri 15/04/05 at 23:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
munn wrote:
> This is still the winner:
>
> [URL]http://www.random6.com/nec/[/URL]

Crikey that's good.
Fri 15/04/05 at 22:59
Regular
": ("
Black > White

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.