GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jade Empire"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Jade Empire'.
Sat 16/04/05 at 09:35
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Anyone got it?
What's it like?

Haven't heard/seen much about it.
Mon 02/05/05 at 19:43
Regular
"accidental superher"
5 hours? *laughs* okkk if you say so
i completed it earlier today...did as many of the sidequests as i could find...21hours.
of course i was a goody two shoes :)

i enjoyed it although the whole morality system was a bit too clear cut.
Mon 02/05/05 at 17:13
Regular
"666"
I took a look at the first few messages on jade empire, thats rubbish! i did it in 5 hours! it was so easy, but it was still great!
Tue 26/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, I'm er, "commited". ;-) Whats gonna make me look worse is that I didn't play most of Saturday cause I was at the NEC in Birmingham for Seni (Martial Arts seminar). Picked myself up a nice 7ft Kwan Do weapon to train with. :-)

For any that don't know what one is, the demon in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story uses it at the beginning of the film when he attacks Bruce as a kid.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:00
Regular
You did it in one weekend?

Holy crap!
Tue 26/04/05 at 01:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well it took 30 hours worth of playing.
Mon 25/04/05 at 18:23
Regular
You've completed it already?

Think I'll definetly wait for it to come down in price.
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I beat the game earlier with Furious Ming. :-) Excellent game, the only complaint I really have is the lack of varied martial arts to learn.

Of course there are plenty of styles, but where they get catagorised, I felt limited on what I could have my character learn. The support styles do no damage, just do effects, so its pretty pointless to learn more than one, theres hardly anything in the way of varied weapons - especially when you consider the range of Chinese weapons in particular that there are and then of course the martial styles.

Theres a few of them, but I can't help feeling that they should have offered plenty more. Preying Mantis wasn't in there (much to my disappointment after some website or mag said it was). Plus theres other martial arts that could have made it in and offered cool variation such as Eagle Claw, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Choy Lay Fut, etc.

The magic styles were cool, but I didn't really bother with the transformation stuff. If theres a sequel to be made, then it would be cool if it gave you a wide choice of normal styles and weapons, then join a school where you could face rival schools in public skirmishes and various tournaments, etc.

Imagine how cool that would be with online options too - developing your character and facing other players and stuff online. ;-)

Anyway, enough of the sequel "wanna see" crap. Great game overall with an excellent story. Very well thought out. :-)

It was nice having more control over the character than in KOTOR, even if it was only a limited amount in terms of combo fighting and stuff. Much better than that turn based stuff where you have to stand there and take hits.

First RPG in ages that I wanna play through again. Come to think of it, it might be the first RPG I've wanted to play through more than once EVER. Although I'll still sulk at night over the lack of a Preying Mantis style - ended up settling for Leaping Tiger.
Mon 25/04/05 at 00:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah... well - close. Not quite as virgin-like. More a young Michelle Yeoh.

In fact - there is a younger Chinese girl that's quite 'HoFD'-like.

Furious Ming has the best name, though.
Mon 25/04/05 at 00:17
"I love yo... lamp."
Oh man. Not more games to play. There are new Halo maps out tomorrow as well. Not.. enough.. time.. in.. day.. ARGH..

Can I go a foxy, lithe young thing, ala her from House Of Flying Daggers?
Sun 24/04/05 at 17:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You have to be prepared to put quite an amount of time into Jade. You can't really play for 35 minutes.. you have to do it in hours... 2-3, probably. Especially once the story kicks in.

I chose some huge guy who uses White Demon and Heavenly Wave - he's a massive guy... quite tough, too. I was tempted to be Furious Ming, because I liked his name... but decided to go with brute strength.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.