GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just ordered a Led Zeppelin album but have no idea if it's any good:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Do any of you know if the Led Zeppelin album I ordered is any good? It's my first one and I haven't really heard any of their music before but I heard that them, Black Sabbath and AC/DC are among the greats of Rock music. I was told this album was good because it had:
>Stairway To Heaven
>Whole Lotta Love
and
>Heartbreaker
on it.

However I want to know if the other 23 tracks are any good although I got my Dad to pay and it's only £13.99 so I don't really care. Anyway the link is:

http://www.play.com/play247. asp?page=title&r=CD&title= 115913&p=34&c=&g=48
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> zip is a folk rock band

zip, zep, arrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> The difference is, Led zep are cool and a brilliant band. The
> Darkness suck. Dogs n'bs.

You got that right at least. The Zep rocked with balls, the Campness are raisins in a plastic bag by comparison.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> The difference is, Led zep are cool and a brilliant band. The
> Darkness suck. Dogs n'bs.
>
> You got that right at least.

I'm sorry, but I'm not the only one that thinks that TD are influenced and aping LZ

> The Zep rocked with balls, the Campness
> are raisins in a plastic bag by comparison.

"raisins in a plastic bag by comparison" :) What on *earth* does that mean? Its one of the bst phrases I've heard of in a long time.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Zep were two big, steaming bags of male testosterone, slung 'twix the legs of genuine Rock Gods.

By comparison, The Darkness are two raisins in a plastic bag, nestled firmly in the crotch of a tramp.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> The Zep were two big, steaming bags of male testosterone, slung 'twix
> the legs of genuine Rock Gods.
>
> By comparison, The Darkness are two raisins in a plastic bag, nestled
> firmly in the crotch of a tramp.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. Coffee has now been blasted over my monitor.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's a good album, but personally I'd get the actual albums. The original studio recordings are brilliant.

How can you say the Darkness wern't influenced by Led Zep? Don't even argue, you'll be fighting a losing battle. Difference is really that Led Zeppelin where only doing what was the style then, Rock, in spandex. The fashion. Were as The Darkness are a little more than a tribute band, but they have their quirks and their music isn't bad, which isn't a surprise as the influences have been from the best, such as Led Zep.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:20
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Emmm dudes, who cares? I think it's pretty much safe to say that Led Zeppelin influenced Rock as a whole in many, MANY ways over the past what? 40-ish years? Anyway yeh they have influenced Rock Music to such an extent it's stupid to argue what they have and haven't influenced because in actuality there's a little Led Zep in them all isn't there? Anyway you none of you answered my questions just started this little debate. Oh well.
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Cub!st wrote:
> Emmm dudes, who cares? I think it's pretty much safe to say that Led
> Zeppelin influenced Rock as a whole in many, MANY ways over the past
> what? 40-ish years? Anyway yeh they have influenced Rock Music to
> such an extent it's stupid to argue what they have and haven't
> influenced because in actuality there's a little Led Zep in them all
> isn't there? Anyway you none of you answered my questions just
> started this little debate. Oh well.

Except the Darkness - they're crap.
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:43
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I've got their album which I lurve and that's all that matters to me so it doesn't really matter.
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:45
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> I've got their album which I lurve and that's all that matters to me
> so it doesn't really matter.

Aha! This explains a lot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.