GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just ordered a Led Zeppelin album but have no idea if it's any good:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Do any of you know if the Led Zeppelin album I ordered is any good? It's my first one and I haven't really heard any of their music before but I heard that them, Black Sabbath and AC/DC are among the greats of Rock music. I was told this album was good because it had:
>Stairway To Heaven
>Whole Lotta Love
and
>Heartbreaker
on it.

However I want to know if the other 23 tracks are any good although I got my Dad to pay and it's only £13.99 so I don't really care. Anyway the link is:

http://www.play.com/play247. asp?page=title&r=CD&title= 115913&p=34&c=&g=48
Sun 29/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Do any of you know if the Led Zeppelin album I ordered is any good? It's my first one and I haven't really heard any of their music before but I heard that them, Black Sabbath and AC/DC are among the greats of Rock music. I was told this album was good because it had:
>Stairway To Heaven
>Whole Lotta Love
and
>Heartbreaker
on it.

However I want to know if the other 23 tracks are any good although I got my Dad to pay and it's only £13.99 so I don't really care. Anyway the link is:

http://www.play.com/play247. asp?page=title&r=CD&title= 115913&p=34&c=&g=48
Sun 29/02/04 at 11:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Communication Breakdown - Excellent
Babe Im Gonna Leave You - Even better. Love this song
Good Times Bad Times - Excellent
Dazed & Confused - I not like so much, but it's Zeppelin so it rocks
Whole Lotta Love - Excellent. So iconic it hurts
Heartbreaker - Excellent
Ramble On - " "
Immigrant Song - Wonderful. Aaawwhhahahahahaaaaa!
Celebration Day - Not heard.....hmmm.....odd.
Since Ive Been Loving You - Excellent
Black Dog - Very good
Rock N Roll - Fantasmo
Battle Of Evermore - Brilliant. Love the guitar in this
Misty Mountain Hop - Ahhhh
Stairway To Heaven - The epic masterpiece. Not enough words for it.
Song Remains The Same - Brilliant
Rain Song - Excellent
Dyer Maker - Excellent
No Quarter - Wonderfully calm
Houses Of The Holy - Brilliant
Kashmir - You'll recognise this and love it
Trampled Underfoot - Good
Nobodys Fault But Mine - Very good
Achilles Last Stand - Brilliant
All My Love - Like Kashmir
In The Evening - " " "

Happy? Good buy.
Sun 29/02/04 at 11:43
"I love yo... lamp."
First of all there is no such thing as a bad Led Zeppelin album. The closest to that would be In Through The Out Door which I never really liked. Although it is my mother's favourite...

Anyway, back to the Remasters. It is there best of basically and has tracks from most of their albums, if not all. Yes, it does rock, muchly hard as well, and loud.
Sun 29/02/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Looks good from where I'm sitting... But you've already been told that twice now.
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
So you went for Remasters? It has a ton of songs on there, but maybe too many. What I mean is, if you decide that you really like Led Zep and want to buy the studio albums they released, you may find on buying them that you already have most of the songs on there. I'd have recommended Early Days and Latter Days, personally. Still, that is a great collection of tunes. I might as well do what Cyclone did:

Communication Breakdown - pumped up, energetic song. Not one of my personal faaves, but still good.
Babe Im Gonna Leave You - one of the epic songs, starts slow and then builds up into a crashing crescendo. Excellent.
Good Times Bad Times - a bit like the first track, only better. It's a fun little song.
Dazed & Confused - May take a while to get into, but one hell of a good song. Gets really good towards the end. Probably my favourite from the first album.
Whole Lotta Love - You'll surely no this as the old Top of the Pops theme, minus the crappy electronica. Still sounds good today.
Heartbreaker - couldn't be more riff based. Nice, hard rocking tune.
Ramble On - one of Zep's songs that take influence from LOTR, the countryside, old Albion, and times when magic had a K on the end.
Immigrant Song - probably the heaviest Zep song. Quick, pounding, energetic, etc.
Celebration Day - An odd selection for a best of, but typical of the third album.
Since Ive Been Loving You - A great blues track, probably Zep's best known.
Black Dog - Again, riff based, but one of the better songs of its ilk.
Rock N Roll - Riff based as above. Brilliant.
Battle Of Evermore - See Ramble On. Talk of mysterious days of old. Excellent use of the mandolin in this track.
Misty Mountain Hop - a track that is pure fun. Catchy, light hearted and brilliant.
Stairway To Heaven - best song ever written. It's epic. Starts slowly and mysteriously and builds into the most incredible guitar solo ever written followed by a hard rocking outro. This song is worth the money alone.
Song Remains The Same - An almost folky feel to it, strange song but great.
Rain Song - Another one that rises to a peak. Good, but I wouldn't say among their best.
Dyer Maker - Not one of my faves. In fact, probably my least favourite Zep song. Reggae. Not my bag.
No Quarter - Dark, haunting melodies present here. Zep's influence on bands like Queens of the Stoneage can easily be seen in this track.
Houses Of The Holy - Another light, bouncy track. Feel good song, I suppose.
Kashmir - Again, another track you'll know when you hear it. Great, but goes on a bit too long.
Trampled Underfoot - Sounds quite heavy, but really a mix of both the fun songs and the heavy tracks. Very very good.
Nobodys Fault But Mine - Poor intro, this is the only time I've thought a Zep track has been poorly produced. Great once you get into it though. Brilliant harmonica solo.
Achilles Last Stand - Second best guitar solo ever. Excellent song all round, another one of the epics. It does last over ten minutes, but doesn't feel that long.
All My Love - A more commercial song in many ways. Driven by a cracking riff, I really enjoy it.
In The Evening - A bit like Kashmir. Superb and memorable intro, the rest of the song doesn't let you down.

Other good Zep tracks to look into: In My Time of Dying, The Rover, Sick Again, Going to California, When The Levee Breaks, That's The Way, Bron Y Aur Stomp, The Ocean, Gallows Pole, Over The Hills and Far Away, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home.
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:12
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Communication Breakdown - Good 'cos it's just a true pop song that rocks, in under 3 minutes
Babe Im Gonna Leave You - Pretty powerful, and also sounds wonderful
Good Times Bad Times - Not so good, bit irritating
Dazed & Confused - Brilliant. The Live version's too long, but what's great is that it's slow, has lyrics that are reminiscent of painful stuff, but that song still rocks out, and just sounds so... cool.
Whole Lotta Love - Wonderful for air guitar-ing, air drumming and air Robert Plant singing.
Heartbreaker - Show's off Page today though his influence onto others, and just rocks
Ramble On - Classic zeppelin rockage
Immigrant Song - Rocks like no other, great for listening to while driving and nodding your head in rhythm
Celebration Day - Can't remember it
Since Ive Been Loving You - Cool as hell on the How the West was Won version
Black Dog - Great, just so you can try and keep in time and fail miserably in the switches from singing to music
Rock N Roll - Classic
Battle Of Evermore - All mystical like Stairway to Heaven, but not so overdone
Misty Mountain Hop - Brilliant
Stairway To Heaven - So over the top it makes you not care
Song Remains The Same - Not Bad
Rain Song - Pretty good
Dyer Maker - So.... cool again.
No Quarter - Bit annoying
Houses Of The Holy - Delicious
Kashmir - Good, but way too long and thus a bit boring
Trampled Underfoot - One of my favourites, just undescribably funky and rockin' and making you wanna shake it.
Nobodys Fault But Mine - Amazing, even if just for the weird intro
Achilles Last Stand - Unbelievable, throws you back first time you hear it, and slightly nuts.
All My Love - Not bad
In The Evening - Not bad
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:23
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Wow well I guess everyone thinks the songs are all pretty much top class then. The whole Remastered thing though, does that mean that it is just a compilation of a few of their better songs or does that mean exactly that but the songs are slightly different to the albums? Just the word "remastered" gave me that idea. I would also like to know why Led Zeppelin never released any singles? Anyway that's all...well actually I haven't heard any Led Zep as you know but I think I prefer The White Stripes anyway and want one of their albums. Any advice?
Tue 02/03/04 at 08:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> Do any of you know if the Led Zeppelin album I ordered is any good?
> It's my first one and I haven't really heard any of their music
> before but I heard that them,

Well done, you'll enjoy then. "The Darkness" sounding falsetto vocals, but, well, *good*.

I've just bought "The song remains the same", their DVD. Can't wait.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Well done, you'll enjoy then. "The Darkness" sounding
> falsetto vocals, but, well, *good*.

Good God man! How can you even put the two bands in the same thread!? The Spandex are nothing more than a cheap Queen cover band, just camp and utterly humourless. Think Village People with guitars and a Dave Lee Roth chord songbook (not even the tab) and you're heading in the right direction.
Tue 02/03/04 at 09:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Good God man! How can you even put the two bands in the same
> thread!? The Spandex are nothing more than a cheap Queen cover band,
> just camp and utterly humourless. Think Village People with guitars
> and a Dave Lee Roth chord songbook (not even the tab) and you're
> heading in the right direction.

Erm, Both are "Rock" bands (well, zip is a folk rock band), strange clothes, big hair, occasionally screetching vocals, etc etc.

You can't tell me The Darkness didn't take some inspiration from Led Zep, and that Led Zep are not in the slightest camp. You just have to look at Robert Plant for that................

The difference is, Led zep are cool and a brilliant band. The Darkness suck. Dogs n'bs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.