GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just ordered a Led Zeppelin album but have no idea if it's any good:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Do any of you know if the Led Zeppelin album I ordered is any good? It's my first one and I haven't really heard any of their music before but I heard that them, Black Sabbath and AC/DC are among the greats of Rock music. I was told this album was good because it had:
>Stairway To Heaven
>Whole Lotta Love
and
>Heartbreaker
on it.

However I want to know if the other 23 tracks are any good although I got my Dad to pay and it's only £13.99 so I don't really care. Anyway the link is:

http://www.play.com/play247. asp?page=title&r=CD&title= 115913&p=34&c=&g=48
Tue 16/03/04 at 18:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> they have made it popular again,

Muh?

When wasn't it?
Tue 16/03/04 at 18:00
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Not listened to it yet. Well only th first song but I can barely remember it. My Dad stole it off me and it's been in the car ever since. I shall give it a listen some time soon.
Tue 16/03/04 at 17:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Could you give it a listen? I'm interested to see what you think.
Sat 06/03/04 at 20:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Surely you've got the album by now? If so, what do you think?
Tue 02/03/04 at 16:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cub!st wrote:
> Wow well I guess everyone thinks the songs are all pretty much top
> class then.

Yes. Very much so. They define "top class".

> The whole Remastered thing though, does that mean that it
> is just a compilation of a few of their better songs or does that
> mean exactly that but the songs are slightly different to the albums?
> Just the word "remastered" gave me that idea.

"Remastered" basically just means touched up, upgraded to have a better sound quality than the original recordings. It doesn't have anything to do with the compilation. You'll see the word on all the CD re-releases.

> I would also
> like to know why Led Zeppelin never released any singles?

Back in the good days of rock, bands produced what is known as AOR - album oriented rock. They did a whole 45 minutes of good stuff, rather than three and half minute MTV cut-to-ads mass produced rubbish with a flashy video. It's about the album as a whole, one song doesn't show you much. Take Led Zeppelin IV - if you listened to Battle of Evermore you'd think they were a folk band, if you heard When The Levee Breaks you'd think they were blues band, if you were to listen to Black Dog you'd think they were a rock and roll band. And they are all of these. And more. When you listen to the album as a whole you realise how truly great a musical statement it really is.

Although incidentally, Atlantic did pressure Zeppelin into releasing a few singles, which is why they formed their own label, Swan Song. They only released D'yer Make'er in England, but they had quite a few singles in America.

> Anyway
> that's all...well actually I haven't heard any Led Zep as you know
> but I think I prefer The White Stripes

Eh? Haven't heard any but already made up your mind? Well anyway, I can guarantee there'll be something on Remasters that you'll be familiar with, you just don't know it by name yet. You'll probably recognise Kashmir, Immigrant Song and a few others, and definitely Whole Lotta Love.
Tue 02/03/04 at 16:39
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Don't start complaining about the Darkness, it just shows you don't get it. They're not a serious band, it's all rubbish. To make a serious complaint about them, ie that the music they make is bad, is ridiculous, really. Stating the obvious. I don't like their music either, in fact I don't think it can even be spoken about in those terms.

What I would get angry about though, is people who actually take them serious and believe that they really are a great band. Because they also miss the point.

Now to answer Cubist's earlier post that I see no one has looked at.
Tue 02/03/04 at 14:05
"I love yo... lamp."
I think most of you are too harsh on the Darkness. Ok, they are not as good as Zeppelin. Or a bunch of other classic rock bands.

But they play rock, they have made it popular again, hopefully with a good effect on the kids, making them listen to the real lords of rock.

Not only that, but they are a fun band. They have a funny attitude, they don't take them selves seriously (or maybe they do, which would be funnier still) and they put on a great live show.

And guitar solos. They have saved them.

Give them a chance. You never know, you may even like them one day.
Tue 02/03/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> You're the one sending Justin the death threats aren't you?

Bwhahahahaha.

:)
Tue 02/03/04 at 14:00
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
You're the one sending Justin the death threats aren't you?
Tue 02/03/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cub!st wrote:
> Can't someone love two things an equal amount? Take a mother and her
> two children for example.

Only imagine one of those children being good and pure, and the other being, well, just plain wrong. Probably with a bong eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.