GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I must escape this place"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/02/04 at 00:50
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Living in Harlow gets you down. Even doing something like sitting quietly in your car waiting for someone can end up being quite a traumatic experience. That's just what I was doing this afternoon, parked quite happily on the side of the road waiting for a friend, when some utter nutjob decided that he'd start to pound on the windows of the car behind him, threatening them with death.

I've no idea what they did - I heard no noises of a crash, or an altercation until he kicked off - and it's obvious this ape didn't know who he was threatening. Yet I've never seen such wanton destruction for next to no reason - I physically cannot understand how something as pedestrian as cutting someone up or driving too close to someone can install such rage in people. The poor bloke and his wife inside were obviously terrified, and I wouldn't blame them - I was parked about 50 metres down the road, and I panicked a bit. I wouldn't care to think what I'd do in the same situation (although Bill Hicks had the right idea in his insight of the LA riots - "step on the f***ing gas, man!"). I just sat dumbstruck as this gorilla pounded away his frustration before driving off, probably to stab a policeman before having underage sex with a criminal gypsy.

It's all change at the moment. I was all set to go away to a lovely university at Bournemouth in September and although I knew there was always a possibility I wouldn't get accepted (my grades weren't exactly ideal and I applied too late), I was gutted when I got the dreaded letter on Wednesday morning, incidentally around 5 days after I quit my job. So, it was back to square one - find another course at another Uni, which isn't as easy as you might think. As it stands, I'm applying to do a good course at a Uni I'm not exactly enamoured with, again with the possibility of being knocked back. If it doesn't happen, I'll be left with no job and many debts to pay. I'll have to slink back into full-time employment when I had my heart set on 3 years of less stressful education, with occasional bouts of binge-drinking and lady-conquering. This does not instill me with a great deal of joy, and although I'm more than capable of working at the publications I yearn to work for, the people with those little bits of paper with the funny letters on them will tend to overshadow me.

Of course, if Uni falls through again, then I'll be left deflated, and still very much in Harlow. There's always the possibility of moving out and getting my own place, but there's questions of money, questions of employment and questions of roommates that would need to be answered before I can venture out on my own.

I'm babbling, so I'll cut it short - I hate this place, and most of the things in it. I'm trying to change, trying to adapt and evolve, but it keeps dragging me back in. And the worst thing is, every time I sit down and try to move myself forward, apathy just drags me back in again. I guess I really just need a new start - new job, new house, new everything.

Signing off.
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:33
What's this? A QC now are we?

And there was a reason why I mentioned those two...
Sun 29/02/04 at 19:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I've applied for Philosophy at Manchester. But I'm actually going to York, hopefully. So therefore York is better.
Sun 29/02/04 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
HA!

I applied for History/Philosophy at York. They turned me down.

Not being arrogant, but I'm clever enough to get into York. I guess they didna like the fact they were like my 5th choice. Well, I picked other good Universities as well.......

At least I couldn't give a toss.
Sun 29/02/04 at 19:19
You can't choose the order of your university, to them you've either applied there or haven't. They only know later on if you've declined their offer, or are their firm/insurance choice.
Sun 29/02/04 at 19:24
"Mimmargh!"
Icarus wrote:
> And there was a reason why I mentioned those two...

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.
Sun 29/02/04 at 19:26
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I have a conditional offer to York, so as long as I don't mess it all up in June I'll get in. I need an A and two B's, which should be easy enough considering the percentage of marks needed for an A in Psychology is around 61%. You could get an A, in theory, even if you ignored the third question altogether.

But anyway, it's a shame you didn't get in. Would've been nice if we could have gone to the same place. Stryke actually goes there as well.

What I find strange about the system is that you can't actually put your first choice as your first choice and your second choice as your second. Because York is my first choice, and if that doesn't work out I'd like to go to Warwick. But Warwick want higher grades than York, so it's idiotic to put them as my second choice, because if I don't make the York grades I obviously don't make Warwick's. I suppose that's why they have to call it firm and insurance rather than first and second.
Sun 29/02/04 at 21:46
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I had heard that Harlow was bad, but not that bad.
Sun 29/02/04 at 22:01
Regular
You are the biggest fool i've ever seen.
Mon 01/03/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Moody DJ"
It could be worse. You could live in Hatfield.
Tue 02/03/04 at 16:30
Regular
Silent-Scope wrote:
> You are the biggest fool i've ever seen.

thats to that spamming newbie but the post got deleted

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.