GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""No Revolution at E3""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/04/05 at 14:12
Regular
"The next-generation Nintendo console, codenamed Revolution, may not be shown at this year's E3. Eurogamer reports that the Japanese console maker is going to keep the console under wraps to keep the features of the new system out of the limelight a little while longer. From the article: "Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata is worried about rivals nicking all his best ideas at this early stage. That's how revolutionary the new console is, apparently... and also the exact same line Nintendo used to avoid showing Mario 128 at a previous E3."

True or not, Nintendos E3 presence won't be that noticable if this happens, even Zelda will only spark a minute amount of interest compared to the other two consoles planned to be unveiled at the show.

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58675[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 14:12
Regular
"The next-generation Nintendo console, codenamed Revolution, may not be shown at this year's E3. Eurogamer reports that the Japanese console maker is going to keep the console under wraps to keep the features of the new system out of the limelight a little while longer. From the article: "Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata is worried about rivals nicking all his best ideas at this early stage. That's how revolutionary the new console is, apparently... and also the exact same line Nintendo used to avoid showing Mario 128 at a previous E3."

True or not, Nintendos E3 presence won't be that noticable if this happens, even Zelda will only spark a minute amount of interest compared to the other two consoles planned to be unveiled at the show.

[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58675[/URL]
Wed 20/04/05 at 14:55
Regular
Aren't they just reporting what another site said?
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:15
"The Will of D."
That report was from months ago before Nintendo disproved this rumour and said that the revolution along with Zelda and the new Mario would appear in this years E3 in may.
Wed 20/04/05 at 15:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Indeed, it's old news Eurogamer have reported.

Nintendo need to unveil Revolution at E3 to have any sort of presence there up against the Xbox360 and PS3.

I think they still might, the dev-kits are out there being used right now so there must be games in production waiting to be shown off, and what better time?
Wed 20/04/05 at 16:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
gamesfreak wrote:
> "The next-generation Nintendo console, codenamed Revolution,
> may not be shown at this year's E3.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:17
"period drama"
Yeah, we knew that about 2 months ago.
Still hope it's wrong.

Ninty need to show something solid - just a solid model of the console, it doesn't even have to work. People need something to put on the front of their magazines.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:33
Regular
The console isn't coming out till 2006 you know.
Wed 20/04/05 at 17:41
"period drama"
yes
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Getting an image of the console into the public consciousness this early is only going to have positive effects.
Wed 20/04/05 at 18:28
"period drama"
Exactly. On every single magazine and webpage it'll be:

XBOX 360 [massive picture] vs PS3 [massive picture]

[S][S]and Nintendo say the Revolution is going to be really good! but all you people who already like games and are reading this aren't being targetted and everyone else will steal their ideas anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.