GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Mole Hole"
My most recent purchase was LEGEND(the bob marley DVD)and Bo Selecta 2
Sat 28/02/04 at 11:37
Regular
Taxi Driver is a great film, so what's wrong with buying it?

And hell, I was just trying to spark some discussion. LOEG really bored me, and while Bad Boys II had a certain amount of enjoyment to it, it's not something I'd buy on DVD. If you like it then fine, but lets not lunge into a full on attack just because I questioned your opinion, eh?

Everyone's a critic if they have an opinion of something. I don't really consider mine any more valid than any of yours.
Sat 28/02/04 at 11:40
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Ironically Mv admits earlier to buying the Star Wars Ep 1 + 2 box
> set, a travesty of film making if ever there was one. It wouldn be
> okay, if it wasn't for Mav's criticism of others.

Personally I wouldn't call them travesties.

Admittedly I'm biast due to loving the original trilogy, and so while some people won't like these, I find them to be good fun. As long as you can manage to push past those awful, cringe-worthy moments.
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
Just got Finding Nemo & Bad Boys II today. It was buy one get one free so might as well have something to watch.
Sun 29/02/04 at 14:57
Regular
Finding Nemo's great.
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:52
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Underworld
Ichi the Killer
Shark Attack 1&2
Crocodille 1&2
American Wedding
Indaiana Jones Box Set

Wen on a bit of a DVD spree yesterday!
Sun 29/02/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Shark Attack 1 & 2"?
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
Just ordered Finding Nemo!
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:26
Regular
Does anyone know if The Negotiator is worth purchasing?

My friend recommended it, and Play.com have it for £4.99 delivered.
Sun 29/02/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Enrique's chica"
Just bought Seabiscuit and watched it last night.Best movie I have seen in ages.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.