GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Sat 22/10/05 at 16:16
Regular
"0228"
If you have the old one, why spend £40 on this just for the sake of nice packaging? I'm still holding out on buying any Blackadder DVDs in the hope that they'll eventually release a set with extras like the Red Dwarf DVDs.
Sat 22/10/05 at 16:14
Regular
Does anyone own the Black Adder LE boxset?

Here's some pictures

[URL]http://img422.imageshack.us/full.php?image=pict02387ez.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://img410.imageshack.us/full.php?image=pict02396at.jpg[/URL]

What do you think? We own the old boxset but this one looks really nice.
Fri 21/10/05 at 21:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Aha. There's only one reason you could possibly want to watch both I Know What You Did Last Summer films and I bet I'm right in guessing it's the only reason I sat through those films also...

Jennifer Love-Hewiit. :D
Fri 21/10/05 at 21:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
God, I HATE those Fast and the Furious films - the ultimate in Chav entertainment. Probably why we have so many boy racers looking to 'kit-up' their crappy little Novas and everything!

Well, okay, perhaps... At least you haven't bought Bsd Boys there! :)

Terminal Velocity is supposed to be good, yes. I was thinking of buying it myself, but I'm not sure if I've seen it before or not?

Here's what I bought this week: (CD-WOW!)

A Few Good Men
Saving Private Ryan
Forest Gump
Catch Me If You Can
The Bourne Identity

And I know this is quite sad, but apart from Catch Me If You Can (bits of it), I haven't seen a SINGLE ONE of those films before!!

Fri 21/10/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Mystique wrote:
> Jesus christ Foreman, why WHY would you want to buy that load of BS?

Fast and Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious are both class films along with Final Destination and Final Destination 2.

Never seen Terminal Velocity, sounds good from the description of it.

I Know What You Did Last Summer + I Still Know What You Did Last Summer are supposed to be good, even though I've never watched them.

Passenger 57 - fair enough, but was worth buying for a quid.
Thu 20/10/05 at 20:23
Regular
Jesus christ Foreman, why WHY would you want to buy that load of BS?
Thu 20/10/05 at 19:54
Regular
"..."
The Nightmare Before Christmas/Big Fish
Wed 19/10/05 at 18:27
Regular
They should be paying you to take that lot off their hands.
Wed 19/10/05 at 15:22
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Ordered:

Final Destination
Final Destination 2
Fast and Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Terminal Velocity
Passenger 57
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

All for £33.92 with free P&P.

=D
Wed 19/10/05 at 15:08
Regular
"Touched!"
Batman Begins
Episode 3 (Pre-order)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.