GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pubs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/02/04 at 00:42
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
For those of you who are old enough to go to the pub (of those who can go to pubs) how strict are they on ID?

The put I go to always has bouncers on from about 7pm. They never used to be that strict on ID-ing those who looked under 18, but in recent weeks they have been id-ing everyone. Even my mate who is about 7 foot tall and looks so much older than 18. This is a good thing because (a) it keeps the numbers in the pub down and (b) stops little kids coming in who get drunk on 2 WKD's and pass out. But many of my mates who are just under 18 still get in.

Anyways, tonight when i went to the pub they have started searching people! AND AND they have a metal detector thingy! They don't search girls tho!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I haven't decided!

There is absolutly no point in this topic bar the fact i'm just wondering how many people go pubs like Yates and how strict the bouncers are on id?
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:52
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Bouncers are in all the pubs except one in my town.
And the one that doesnt all the under age townies hang out at.

I have only been asked once. And i think its because the bouncer was jelous that i was bigger then him. The little git.

But anyway, if they think you are underage and you are in the pub, they ask for ID then if you dont have it they ask you to leave and follow you out. They wont report you to the police or they loose their licence.

This happens to my friends who happen to be girls ('girl friends' sounds misleading) quite a few times as they get a bit giddy with booze down them. 'Tis annoying.
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What would I do? Depends on the circumstances.
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:53
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
yeah, but these bouncers are a bit dodgy, that might not even be the reason why girls were not searched though to be honest, with tight tight clothes, and tiny little bags there isnt much point!
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:54
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Most girls i expect would make a fuss if they are asked to be searched.

No offence.
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
No, I don't search them, I just get kisses and that is enough.
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:55
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
H2O i ment what would the police do?

Everyone moans at being id'd but i don't care cos i just shove mine (my id) in their face and the bouncers know me so they laugh!
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
You mean because you're so old you like to prove you're young?
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:56
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
H²O wrote:
> Most girls i expect would make a fuss if they are asked to be
> searched.
>
> No offence.

i would but only cos i'd be embarassed as where they search you is right in front of the windows and in front of the bar with a que of people watching!
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:57
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Oh the police would just give you a verbal warning, as in "don't do it again or you will get in trouble next time"
Mon 16/02/04 at 00:57
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
English_Bloke wrote:
> You mean because you're so old you like to prove you're young?

no because i look so young and i am so old! though the other night some girl got id'd and she said she was 24 with 2 kids, i bet it was her only night out in months, if i was her i'd be so mad!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.