GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pubs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/02/04 at 00:42
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
For those of you who are old enough to go to the pub (of those who can go to pubs) how strict are they on ID?

The put I go to always has bouncers on from about 7pm. They never used to be that strict on ID-ing those who looked under 18, but in recent weeks they have been id-ing everyone. Even my mate who is about 7 foot tall and looks so much older than 18. This is a good thing because (a) it keeps the numbers in the pub down and (b) stops little kids coming in who get drunk on 2 WKD's and pass out. But many of my mates who are just under 18 still get in.

Anyways, tonight when i went to the pub they have started searching people! AND AND they have a metal detector thingy! They don't search girls tho!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I haven't decided!

There is absolutly no point in this topic bar the fact i'm just wondering how many people go pubs like Yates and how strict the bouncers are on id?
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Your mention of hoodie scum has prompted me to post a thread linking to a VERY informative site!
Mon 16/02/04 at 15:07
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Widge wrote:
> I hate bars with 'smart dress' codes. Where apparently wearing
> trousers and shoes deems you to be smart. This doesn't seem to take
> into account that you can go into some dodgy cheapskate shop, buy
> awful shiny shoes, dull trousers and a BLAND shirt for most likely
> under £40 and get let into this smart establishment ... and
> yet, when you have over £200 worth of gear on, which may
> involve trainers, distressed denim and a nice t-shirt, you get turned
> away! BAFFLEMENT at this always when you clearly look more classy
> that random scrote 'x' who manages to get into the place in front of
> you. Usually its no real big loss, since the establishment tends to
> be frequented by the pikey population of the local area who seem to
> take much joy in the urban and trance drivel that gets pumped at them
> all night long.

It's all to do with stereotypes. If you look at the people who wear hoodies and trainers etc etc they tend to be your typical 'townies' 'hood rats' etc etc who like to cause trouble and tend to bring the reputation of the establishment down a peg or two. Now if, as you mentioned, someone wore jeans and trainers, well they need to draw the line at some point. They can't turn hood rats with trainers away but let someone else in because they're not wearing a hoodie because there will be trouble and thats not fair.

So basically, the smart dress code is because stereotypically, people who dress smart do not cause as much trouble as those who dress in trainers and jeans so therfore will not being down the reputation of the establishment. I also agree about the spending £40 on smart clothes and £200 on jeans trainers etc etc!
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Take me to the pub, please.
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
When I was 16/17 I hardly got asked for ID but now I've turned 18 I get asked all the time, which is fine but strange.
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Random rant spurred on by events this Saturday. I do apologise for my outburst.
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Moody DJ"
I hate bars with 'smart dress' codes. Where apparently wearing trousers and shoes deems you to be smart. This doesn't seem to take into account that you can go into some dodgy cheapskate shop, buy awful shiny shoes, dull trousers and a BLAND shirt for most likely under £40 and get let into this smart establishment ... and yet, when you have over £200 worth of gear on, which may involve trainers, distressed denim and a nice t-shirt, you get turned away! BAFFLEMENT at this always when you clearly look more classy that random scrote 'x' who manages to get into the place in front of you. Usually its no real big loss, since the establishment tends to be frequented by the pikey population of the local area who seem to take much joy in the urban and trance drivel that gets pumped at them all night long.

I hate living in a BACKWARDS area. Hopefully, I get to move to Manchester soon where there is actually an alternative scene in force.
Mon 16/02/04 at 14:20
Regular
"That's right!"
As a kid I feared bouncers because, in theory, they can wreck an entire night out just by knocking one or two people back.

Now I wish they'd be more strict, just so there are less radgies in the pubs/clubs to have to put up with.
Mon 16/02/04 at 01:52
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Jim-hat
Go suck an egg soaked in vinegar.
Mon 16/02/04 at 01:29
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Kings Head is crap. Try a real pub - it's called The Wilderness.
You have to gouge out the insides of the fox just to contain the spew of cuckoo spit and sparrow blood. You down that tipple down before you fight an Ox. Then, you bring a knife (made from wood) to your own throat and rip out the windpipe.
Think of this next time you think you're 'with it' down at the pob.
Mon 16/02/04 at 01:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Darling wrote:
> Thanks EB!!

No worry

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.