GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Too many..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 17:15
Too many damn smokers in the world, i think i have made a topic on this a while ago but i will do it again.
Walking home today with my mates, as i am waiting for them i see them asking loads of people for "fags".
So i ask them why they smoke, what is the point in it?
Them being them, they just say shut up.
But its true, what the hell is the point in smoking?
You waste your money on something that is very bad for you and could end up killing you.
One of my mates managed to get 3 fags, he was extremley annoyed at me after i hit the first fag out of his hand and onto the floor.
Then i done exactly the same to the other 2, he he he, he was more annoyed then i have seen him for a while.
You would think my mate would of learned his lesson after he got caught smoking on school grounds on Friday and they phoned his parents up. But the fool just doesnt learn.
I walk home with about 5-6 people, all of them smoke, normaly i try not to walk with them because the smell of smoke is just awfull, and it stays in your clothes, then other people think that you yourself smokes.
Just last week this lady pulled up at the middle school next to my high school to drop off her son, he must of been about 11-12, he got out the car smoking. His mum was smoking and his dad too, now thats upto their family but i think that, that is just pure wrong. There should be a law to how old you have to be before it is legal to smoke.
When you are walking down town you always get that person who is in front of you smoking, and the smoke is just drifting back right into you face and you just want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them to put it out.
But because it is 100% legal you cant really do that.
But it should be a law, you are not allowed to smoke in public places or near anyone who wishes not to be in the company of any cigarette smoke.

Your views on smoking, the law and the age limit.
Mon 09/02/04 at 17:57
I'm all for smoking if it's, for instance in Tim's case, medicinal purposes, and hey, even for cigarettes as long as they smoked in their own homes.

Why? Because they usually get to die earlier, or get some sort of disease earlier in life than those who don't, which means more jobs for non smokers. Which is good since a lot of programmers smoke.

Note I'm being cold in my words only because smokers who smoke for no reason deserve it. Mmmm.
Mon 09/02/04 at 17:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> No, it (your body) could survive on water and muesli most
> probably.

muesli= food coming back up in the opposite direction
:D

as for someone saying it's damaging our ozone layer- it's actually closing the gap its self, even though emissions have risen by over 2% last year.

i believe someone said the age for smoking was 14. they were wrong. it's 16.
Mon 09/02/04 at 17:59
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Note I'm being cold in my words only because smokers who smoke for no
> reason deserve it. Mmmm.

That's a bit daft. Their 'reason' is personal enjoyment. Just like some people eat for enjoyment, then die of a heart attack. Do they deserve it? Does anyone who damages their body knowingly deserve to die? That's harsh.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:00
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:

> That's a bit daft. Their 'reason' is personal enjoyment. Just like
> some people eat for enjoyment, then die of a heart attack. Do they
> deserve it? Does anyone who damages their body knowingly deserve to
> die? That's harsh.

Hmm, I guess you're right. SORRY.

*smokes a joint*
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:02
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Clazon wrote:
> ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> No, it (your body) could survive on water and muesli most
> probably.
>
> muesli= food coming back up in the opposite direction
> :D
>
> as for someone saying it's damaging our ozone layer- it's actually
> closing the gap its self, even though emissions have risen by over 2%
> last year.
>
> i believe someone said the age for smoking was 14. they were wrong.
> it's 16.

I thought it was 14, but you cannot buy cigarettes until your 16!
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:04
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> EL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> But its true, what the hell is the point in smoking?
>
> What the hell is the point in anything?
> Does your body NEED chocolate, fizzy drinks, ice-cream, any form of
> junk food at all? No, it could survive on water and muesli most
> probably. So why do you eat these foods? Enjoyment, purely for
> enjoyment. To indulge yourself because you can.

Yes and with enough excorsize (Sp?) i am not damaging myslef or anyone else in any way.

>
> People have smoked for millenia, it is just another thing people do
> for pleasure, just like drinking alcohol.

Again smoking effects other people and is bad for the envoirement.

Other good examples are
> people bungy jumping, parachuting, driving cars fast. People who do
> this are called adrenaline junkies - they are addicted to a
> particular feeling. Smokers are addicted to a particular feeling
> too.

Yes i understand that they can be addicted or they just like doing it, but like driving cars fast i just dont think that it should be done in a public place.

> I guess the real question is - why do people START?

Guess thats right yea, why do they start?

- I probably buy about 20-30 a week, which is, approximately £5.

20-30, thats a hell of alot isnt it?
Now imagine you smoking them 30 a week, then another few million doing it as well, cant be doing the world any good.
Only £5 a week yes, but how much is that in a month, year?
It all adds up, you could of bought a few games, something else which you would enjoy and not damage your health.

> I agree it can be unpleasant for those who don't smoke, and many
> times I myself have been sat in a smoke filled room and thought
> "This is horrible".

So you do see where i am comming from then.

I do plan to stop in the not too distant future, and it's not through lack of willpower, I simply don't want to stop just yet.

Hope you do manage to stop mate, good for you.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:04
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Hmm, I guess you're right. SORRY.
>
> *smokes a joint*

no need to SHOUT! :)

that's what it comes down to though - people are damaging themselves all the time, and nobody cares, it's only when it affects others that people start to take offence.

It's always "That person is damaging MY health!"
and never "That person is damaging their own health, how can we stop this from happening?"

Saying that these people deserve to die is harsh, just like saying someone who sticks their head in an oven or throws themself off a bridge, deserves to die.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about this, I am almost completely unbiased - I smoke but am fully aware of all the reasons I should stop.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:08
Darling wrote:
> Robin, it's up to your friend if he wants to smoke or not. How old are
> you, 14, 15??

Im 16 and he is 15.

> As for getting beaten up for cigarettes..he could get beaten up for
> anything, dinner money or a mobile phone for instance.

Very true, but if he didnt smoke then that would be one less thing that he could be beaten up for.

> I'm sure that smoking hasn't made him a bad person, he's still your
> friend and as long as he's not pressuring you to do something you
> don't want to then leave him be!

You see i think overall it has bad him a different person, not a bad person, but a very different one.
He doesnt not have half of much money as he used to, he always asks me just to try it and he always walks around asking people he doesnt even know for a fag.
Its embarrasing to be with him.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:09
CGJ wrote:
> There are some smokers in my class. They look like puke and think its
> cool to smoke. How wrong are they.

Very wrong, its not cool and it just makes them look like fools.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:11
Icarus wrote:
> Well it was bloody annoying when, whilst waiting at a packed bus stop,
> a small guy (yup, smaller than me) casually walked up to within 10cm
> to where I was standing and started puffing away on his Grade A
> Mayfair cigs.

Ask him to put it out as it is causing you some discomfort.
It wont work, but worth a try.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.