GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Too many..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 17:15
Too many damn smokers in the world, i think i have made a topic on this a while ago but i will do it again.
Walking home today with my mates, as i am waiting for them i see them asking loads of people for "fags".
So i ask them why they smoke, what is the point in it?
Them being them, they just say shut up.
But its true, what the hell is the point in smoking?
You waste your money on something that is very bad for you and could end up killing you.
One of my mates managed to get 3 fags, he was extremley annoyed at me after i hit the first fag out of his hand and onto the floor.
Then i done exactly the same to the other 2, he he he, he was more annoyed then i have seen him for a while.
You would think my mate would of learned his lesson after he got caught smoking on school grounds on Friday and they phoned his parents up. But the fool just doesnt learn.
I walk home with about 5-6 people, all of them smoke, normaly i try not to walk with them because the smell of smoke is just awfull, and it stays in your clothes, then other people think that you yourself smokes.
Just last week this lady pulled up at the middle school next to my high school to drop off her son, he must of been about 11-12, he got out the car smoking. His mum was smoking and his dad too, now thats upto their family but i think that, that is just pure wrong. There should be a law to how old you have to be before it is legal to smoke.
When you are walking down town you always get that person who is in front of you smoking, and the smoke is just drifting back right into you face and you just want to tap them on the shoulder and tell them to put it out.
But because it is 100% legal you cant really do that.
But it should be a law, you are not allowed to smoke in public places or near anyone who wishes not to be in the company of any cigarette smoke.

Your views on smoking, the law and the age limit.
Sun 22/02/04 at 03:00
maddmun wrote:

> He can't help it, think about it this way, it's like taking food away
> from someone who is starving.

But if they are starving they cant help it, they dont want to be stariving and its probably not their fault.
But smoking, you started it, it is your fault and there is ways to stop.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:55
Regular
ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> I dont agree with the fat thing either, some people can help it, some
> people cant.
> But smoking, that can 100% be helped.

Well, example, when my dad was young (16) he started smoking.
He smoked a lot, out of foolishness by the time he was 20, he relaised he was smoking 20 daily, so he tried to stop.
Now, he's 49, and he smokes 40 a day.
He's addicted, has been for 33 years, he can't help it, countless times he tries not to smoke, I think the longest he's went has been 90 days, whereupon he drew a ciggarette to celebrate.
He can't help it, think about it this way, it's like taking food away from someone who is starving.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:45
I dont agree with the fat thing either, some people can help it, some people cant.
But smoking, that can 100% be helped.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:43
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> harsh, but fair. i think people with fatty problems should pay for
> their help on the NHS. smokers the same and finally those who were
> in
> an unreasonable (doped up, heavily drunken) state when found. i dont
> care what anyone says, they are the only 3 types. people who are
> involved in car accidents, people who slip when chopping the vedge
> and lose a finger dont have to pay either or anything, etc.
>
> Ok, so by your reasoning, someone who drives at 41mph in a 40 zone,
> in their car, should have to pay for medical treatment, should they
> crash. Where as someone driving under the limit should get it free?

Think about it this way, you have a choice if you smoke or not, you don't have a choice (usually) when you crash.

However, people with fatty problems?
I disagree totally with that, one of my mates is heavily overweight and fat, but he tries his best to work out, he eats about as much as I do and I'm underweight, yet he's still well overweight.
It's not his fault, but due to the fact that his body doesn't use up much energy (Despite that he works out) and it all turns to fat.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:43
Thanks lil bro :)
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:38
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Mate, I'm really sorry to hear about your (your dad's) mate, wouldn't wish it upon anyone in the world (except possibly Azul and Mystique). So yeh, pass on my best wishes.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:32
I was saying how people who smoke should not be seen to straight away when in hospital because it was their own fault that they are there.
I still feel strongly about people not smoking but today i got a phone call from my dads mate, also my kind of mate, we chat alot.
But i passed the phone to my dad and he got of the phone and said that Neil (the guy i know) needs to go to hospital, he was feeling ill so i took him to the doctors the other day, he got the results back and there is lots of dark patches in his lungs.
The guys at the docors said he need to go upto the hospital now.
Got a phone call a little while ago, it was him, phoning my dad admiting that he is scared and that he wants his best mate there with him.
That made me think, one of the funniest men i know is sitting in a hostpital bed with possible lung cancer that will kill him, just because he was putting this little white thing into his mouth for pleausure.
He has a wife and step kid, his wife is even going out this year to buy a villa in America, they need him.
When i was talking to him, he sounded fine, just like he normally does, he done the usual, insults my dad then asks to talk to him.

I said that people who smoke should be seen last or not atall, you all said what about if it was your family or friends, and i said i wouldnt care it is their own fault. (i know i didnt use propper speach, but hey look at the time).
But now it is someone i know i want them to be seen first, even though it is their own fault that they are there.
It puts you in completly different shoes when you know someone in that situation.
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:33
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> Death is the best fix for most diseases, death and laughter. Unless
> you’re diabetic, in which case insulin comes pretty high on the list.

I think Monty Python said it best :

There's a place you're always welcome,
It's as nice as it can be,
Everyone can get in,
'cos it's absolutely free..

That's Death.
No need to take a breath,
Just lie around all day,
With not a single bill to pay,
Hooray...

That's Death,
No more sicknesses or flu..
If you've lived beyond your means,
You can die beyond them, too,
Boo-hoo...

Well, the greatest and the finest,
Mmm, have already died,
Why not simply join them,
On the other side?

That's Death..
Say farewell to all your bills,
Rip up all your wills,
And pop your final pills,
Amen..

That's Death...
It's a tete a tete with fate,
If you're not feeling great,
Then it's the best way to lose weight,
Mate...

Nothing here to hurt you,
No-one's here to nag,
Come die with me,
If your life's a drag...

That's Death...
Death, Death,
The wealthy and well bred,
All of them are here,
And they're all completely dead,
So dead,

That's Death,
Death, Death,
No more headaches, no more pain,
Of the millions who've died,
No-one came back to complain,
Uh-huh..

You can't take it with you,
You can't keep what you've got,
So why not just lie back,
And simply rot?

Death, Death,
Just simply rot,
Death, Death,
It's so cool, it's hot,
Death, Death,
And That's Death.
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:30
That one :)
Mon 09/02/04 at 21:27
Regular
"cachoo"
Icarus wrote:
> Hmm, that was almost as harsh as my post.

Which one? :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.