GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Empire's Top 100"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
Absolutely stupid. They're supposed to be critics?

Donnie Darko - 21. Ridiculously high.
Casablanca - 46. Ridiculously low.

Oh, and number one and two? Drum roll please...

1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Someone needs to be shot.
Sun 08/02/04 at 00:19
Regular
It IS a decent film.

It deserves to be in the 90-100 range.
Sun 08/02/04 at 01:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
donnie darko should be in the top 100
Sun 08/02/04 at 04:33
Regular
"relocated"
My favourite old film (not because it's great, even though it is) is Notorious where Humphrey Bogart punches some bird in the face because she's talking too much. It's just fantastically un-PC.
Sun 08/02/04 at 09:58
Regular
"not dead"
Anything that's voted for by the public will have a great deal of films that are popular at that very moment in time. I mean, 14 of the films on the list come from the last four years. How many of those will remain in the poll in ten years time?

Personally, I think they should do a poll, but only include films released before 1999 - over five years old. That way you'd not get all of these movies that are popular right now simply because they're recent, and anything recent is easier to remember...

There was a significant lack of comedy on the list though, and too many crime movies in my opinion - but that's because I prefer comedies to crime movies, I'm sure some people would regard some crime movie that's not on the list higher than some of the comedies on it...
Sun 08/02/04 at 11:40
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I agree with Meka. Just about anything the general public votes on ends up with stupid results (lol elections lol); but then a definitive list giving opinions on films is pretty silly anyway, hohohoho.

And I hope everyone who voted for Donnie Darko gets squished by a jet engine.
Wed 11/02/04 at 00:12
Regular
Well we all know it's a farse because the top ten doesn't feature any of the "Debbie does" series. Which is bloody outragous!!!!!111
Wed 11/02/04 at 07:33
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Yep, correct. Pirates of the Caribbean at 19 was a bit far-fetched I
> thought.

Pirates of the Caribbean at 19?! Am i the only person who didn't think much to that film at all? If anything i thought it was boring.
Wed 11/02/04 at 08:25
Regular
The brainless masses are idiots, LOTR are great films, but don't deserve such high ratings. It's a case of "Every reasonably good new film that comes out is THE BEST FILM IN THE WORLD EVVA!!!!111"
Wed 11/02/04 at 09:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I must admit, whenever I read these top 100's I only do so out of curiousity about what is been said about the movie.

I usually like to make my own mind up, and not be told what the best movie of all time is.
Wed 11/02/04 at 13:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> The brainless masses are idiots, LOTR are great films, but don't
> deserve such high ratings. It's a case of "Every reasonably
> good new film that comes out is THE BEST FILM IN THE WORLD
> EVVA!!!!111"

I totally disagree, i dont think you are taking into consideration what a massive achievement it was putting the lord of the rings into a film that is actually bloody good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.