GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Empire's Top 100"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
Absolutely stupid. They're supposed to be critics?

Donnie Darko - 21. Ridiculously high.
Casablanca - 46. Ridiculously low.

Oh, and number one and two? Drum roll please...

1. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Someone needs to be shot.
Sat 07/02/04 at 20:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I flicked through it in Virgin today and was pleasantly surprised, i thought fellowship would make top 5, but i didnt think it would be number 1. It deserves its place though, as it said the lotr trilogy is the star wars of our generation, therefore i dont see any problem with fellowship displacing a new hope.
Sat 07/02/04 at 20:55
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Oh, and it was voted for by readers, not the Empire staff. Perhaps
> you should have read it properly, no?

Well, I just flicked through really.
Sat 07/02/04 at 21:41
Regular
"That's right!"
Fellowship is BLATANTLY not the best film ever made. It's the weakest of the trilogy for one thing, but none of them should get the top spot at all.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> It's the weakest of the trilogy for one thing

o.O No way, i think a number of LOTR fans would tell you that Fellowship is the best.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> MoJoJoJo wrote:
> It's the weakest of the trilogy for one thing
>
> o.O No way, i think a number of LOTR fans would tell you that
> Fellowship is the best.

Not a major LOTR fan but I also like Fellowship better at the moment. I think its because its the start of the story, the creating of the fellowship and there journey. I think all 3 films are great, never read the books, but would like to. In the cinema I was kind of wishing Two Towers would end, but watching it again, and again for a 3rd time I enjoy it more, still have the extended version to watch. Return of the King was excellent at the cinema so can not wait to own the DVD and the extended version. I have got both versions of the Fellowship and Two Towers so have to do the same with Return of the King.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"That's right!"
Fellowship bores me. Bores me until I want to cry. Then it kicks in at the mine, then slows back down and makes me want to cry. Then it has a good ending. You call that the best film of the lot?

Two Towers and Fellowship have less talk and more great cinematic moments.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think the biggest achievement of the Rings trilogy is that it's made me completely 100% not fussed about seeing Episode III. Really. I can't be arsed with it, because it'll never be as good. Sure, I'll go see it, but do I hold any hope for it? Nah.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Fellowship bores me. Bores me until I want to cry. Then it kicks in at
> the mine, then slows back down and makes me want to cry. Then it has
> a good ending. You call that the best film of the lot?
>
> Two Towers and Fellowship have less talk and more great cinematic
> moments.

But there is a spirit about the fellowship that just seems to elevate it above the others.
Sat 07/02/04 at 23:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Sorry, I must've missed all that. I felt it was in the second and third films, but not the first. They were together because they had a job to do, it wasn't until the end that they really, I dunno... bonded.
Sun 08/02/04 at 00:17
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Donnie Darko (in my op) is superb.

And thats not because I think it's 'indy cool I-knew-about-it-before-you, it's because it was a decent film.

But LotR first? Buh. Top 20, yeah, but not first.

Saying that, I guess it's just opinions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.