GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remind me to never watch a David Lynch film ever again..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 23:57
Regular
Mullholland Drive.

WTF?

I should have learned my lesson after watching Eraser Head.

*mumbles*

Never again. Never again.
Sat 07/02/04 at 16:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Darwock wrote:
> It's the least 'weird for the sake of it' of any of his movies, it's
> all pretty mundane. The homeless troll guy is a manifestation of
> Betty's horror at what she has done (remember it's still a dream at
> that point).

I'm pretty sure the troll thing was from a storyline that was cut after it was made into a film, but left in anyway. I think I remember seeing an interview with Lynch or someone (maybe on the DVD) saying just that. I don't think it has anything to do with Betty or anyone. It's just mental.
Sat 07/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
"entertain & inspire"
in heaven everything is fine
you got your good things
and i got mine
Sat 07/02/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Only seen two Lynch movies Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway. Really want to see Twin Peaks series and his other films. For me I think I have got to the stage of wanting to get more from a film, to be kind of moved or think about what I have seen and to be able to reflect upon it.
Sat 07/02/04 at 23:05
Regular
"entertain & inspire"
you have to start with 'eraserhead' adrian. you might not like it, but you wont forget it in a hurry.
Sat 07/02/04 at 23:08
Regular
"entertain & inspire"
eraserhead - thats a good place to start. you wont forget that film in a hurry
Mon 09/02/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Its a big shame that they might not be following up the Twin Peaks DVD Season 1 boxset with the Season 2 one. It was a quality box set, sold well but apparently they forked out SO much money on making the box set itself that they've decided not to do the second season. Irritating. It still has a vague chance of appearing though, and I DO hope it does.

I know what its all about anyway now, I couldn't hold on any longer and watched Fire Walk With Me. I have to say, David Bowie has a very very strange cameo in that film.
Mon 09/02/04 at 15:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I reckon eraserhead is the one you should see LAST, as it really might put you off watching any of his others. It's weeeeiiiird.

And Goatboy, everybody knows what Mulholland Drive was about, so don't be calling me pretentious.

Are you the one round here that fancies themselves as a film critic? I know there's somebody...
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy wrote:
"A lot of the time, I haven't got a bloody clue what it's about - and I won't be pretentious enough to pretend and be all "Yeah, once I figured it out, it was mundane" etc etc.
Sometimes I get Lynch and what he means, other times I just scratch my head and am lost."
--------

That's hardly something a "film critic" would admit is it, that he doesn't get Lynch movies always.
And, Mr Touchy, I said that I wouldn't pretend to understand merely to score cool points with faceless names on a screen.

Of course you "got" Mullholland, how silly of me to suggest otherwise.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Widge wrote:

> I have to say, David Bowie has a very
> very strange cameo in that film.

He had one of them in Zoolander as well.

Mulholland Drive was quite good.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Goatboy!

How's it going? I mean the teacher training.

I haven't seen you around in a while. Then again, I've been globetrotting for the last couple of months...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.