GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remind me to never watch a David Lynch film ever again..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 23:57
Regular
Mullholland Drive.

WTF?

I should have learned my lesson after watching Eraser Head.

*mumbles*

Never again. Never again.
Thu 05/02/04 at 23:57
Regular
Mullholland Drive.

WTF?

I should have learned my lesson after watching Eraser Head.

*mumbles*

Never again. Never again.
Fri 06/02/04 at 01:41
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
MD is a brilliant film. Remember thinking he'd lost it while watching, enjoyable but wierd for wierd's sake; however over a few hours afterwards it fell into place. Watched it again and enjoyed it even more.
Fri 06/02/04 at 08:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I should have learned my lesson after watching Eraser Head.

Excellent movie.

There was a website dedicated to the movie and the symbolism involved (there is a lot of the number 13 for example) but has since been removed. Shame, because it was an interesting read.
Fri 06/02/04 at 09:15
Regular
"cachoo"
Still don't understand that film. What was with that little box and the key?! Was she dreaming all along or something?
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:39
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Mulholland Drive was a big disappointment, it's not weird enough for a Lynch movie!! Seriously, once you figure it out the explanation is really mundane.

Lost Highway is a much better example, but Twin Peaks will always rule supreme.

Did you all know Mulholland Drive was supposed to be the pilot episode of a new TV series a la TP? Now THAT would have been fantastic!
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:39
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
And hey, Ms NY has figured it out. It's a dream up until she opens the box.
Fri 06/02/04 at 10:50
Regular
Riiiiiiiight...

I guess Lynch just isn't for me. Only way I could describe Eraser Head and Mullholland Drive without swearing is by calling them a big pile of schlong.
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Riiiiiiiight...
>
> I guess Lynch just isn't for me. Only way I could describe Eraser
> Head and Mullholland Drive without swearing is by calling them a big
> pile of schlong.

If I were Cubist, I'd say that you weren’t intelligent enough to “get” his movies.

But I’m not, so I’ll say that Lynch is the epitome of “You either love his work, or hate it” There is very little middle ground with him.

I personally love all his movies, even though some of the time I don’t have a *clue* what is going on on the screen, but I love the sense of unease he manages to project.

Hmmm, I’ve got the “Twin Peaks” season 1 DVD off a friend. I think I’ll start watching it tomorrow.
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well if Eraserhead is what you're basing that on, what do you expect?

Ever seen Blue Velvet? Wild at Heart? Twin Peaks? The guy's a genius (and you probably won't appreciate a lot of the comedy in Eraserhead/Mulholland Drive without being familiar with his sense of humour, and that comes across best in Twin Peaks).
Fri 06/02/04 at 11:08
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Pandaemonium, if I read your post right and that means you've never seen Twin Peaks, I would wait until you're sure you can see series 2 onwards. Otherwise you're left with an almighty cliffhanger that will really p*ss you off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.