GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Remind me to never watch a David Lynch film ever again..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/02/04 at 23:57
Regular
Mullholland Drive.

WTF?

I should have learned my lesson after watching Eraser Head.

*mumbles*

Never again. Never again.
Thu 12/02/04 at 20:11
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Lynch is a really love or hate thing. Blue Velvet I liked, but it was a story with a cool twinge of weird. Wild at Heart is ok, too long though, as was Lost Highway. I preffered that because it sort of worked. The bit when Bill Pullman disappeared was far too long. Mullholland Drive really irritated me; the direction of some scenes was wonderful and cool, they way the laid out, but it wasn't a story. All the weirdness didn't make me enjoy it, it just asks you to make connections by watching the film many times. A film is about watching something and liking it, and I didn't like Mullholland Drive. I didn't get the whole dream thing with a box, but there are so many conclusions you can come up with to the significance of so many things. The little troll dude could have been the horror of what she's done, a left out character from the TV series, the significance of how different things are in Hollywood, there are loads of possibilities. Which just don't interest me. I really do like the style of individual bits, though.
Thu 12/02/04 at 14:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And I promise that as soon as it's "National give a toss what you think" day, I'll donate.
Thu 12/02/04 at 09:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Mulholland Drive is the only one of his movies David Lynch has ever explained. I have seen it many times, and so have lots of people, and there are no secrets about it. Goatboy, you are an arrogant to$$er.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:49
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I know what you mean. Then again, I don't frequent the forums much anymore. I jump on infrequently once in a while to see what's happening but that's about it.

I see Bell's still around though. You'd think he'd admit defeat on a few subjects but he seems to be as vociferously blinkered as ever.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Haven't started yet, won't do until later this year.
I'm currently enjoying life, watching movies, doing agency work and various things and whatnots.
Hardly post here anymore, it was a way to pass the time at my old job because I had little else to do.
*shrugs*

I hardly recognise any of the users these days, but the level is still the same as ever...
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Goatboy!

How's it going? I mean the teacher training.

I haven't seen you around in a while. Then again, I've been globetrotting for the last couple of months...
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Widge wrote:

> I have to say, David Bowie has a very
> very strange cameo in that film.

He had one of them in Zoolander as well.

Mulholland Drive was quite good.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy wrote:
"A lot of the time, I haven't got a bloody clue what it's about - and I won't be pretentious enough to pretend and be all "Yeah, once I figured it out, it was mundane" etc etc.
Sometimes I get Lynch and what he means, other times I just scratch my head and am lost."
--------

That's hardly something a "film critic" would admit is it, that he doesn't get Lynch movies always.
And, Mr Touchy, I said that I wouldn't pretend to understand merely to score cool points with faceless names on a screen.

Of course you "got" Mullholland, how silly of me to suggest otherwise.
Mon 09/02/04 at 15:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I reckon eraserhead is the one you should see LAST, as it really might put you off watching any of his others. It's weeeeiiiird.

And Goatboy, everybody knows what Mulholland Drive was about, so don't be calling me pretentious.

Are you the one round here that fancies themselves as a film critic? I know there's somebody...
Mon 09/02/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Its a big shame that they might not be following up the Twin Peaks DVD Season 1 boxset with the Season 2 one. It was a quality box set, sold well but apparently they forked out SO much money on making the box set itself that they've decided not to do the second season. Irritating. It still has a vague chance of appearing though, and I DO hope it does.

I know what its all about anyway now, I couldn't hold on any longer and watched Fire Walk With Me. I have to say, David Bowie has a very very strange cameo in that film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.