GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Year Out"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/02/04 at 21:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
I might take a year out to go and work in Canada and get some money before university. Would be fun, until the cougars came.

Anyone else done the "taking a year out" thing, and not sat at home on their fat ass watching Richard and Judy and shoveling food into their gobs?

INFO
Wed 04/02/04 at 21:20
Regular
"SOUP!"
I might take a year out to go and work in Canada and get some money before university. Would be fun, until the cougars came.

Anyone else done the "taking a year out" thing, and not sat at home on their fat ass watching Richard and Judy and shoveling food into their gobs?

INFO
Wed 04/02/04 at 22:26
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
No but canada, wow that would be a fantastic thing to do, ill come with you!

My cousin took a year out and he travelled to different places. He last went to new zealand and he never came home. He found a great oppurtunity out there and decided thats where he wanted to stay.
Wed 04/02/04 at 22:26
Regular
That's what I'd like to do, if I wasn't so worthless and skint
Wed 04/02/04 at 22:35
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I'd love to take a gap year just to grow a bit and get some world experience and so on. I have a problem with cash flow though. I don't have any to go travelling and my wee brother will be going to uni just as I come out if I stay on track and my parents can't afford to put us both through at once. I just have to get uni over with really. I would like to take a year out after uni though. I think it'd be easier to manage and more fun as I will be older, out of all forms of education and basically in the big bad world anyway.
Thu 05/02/04 at 00:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Of course the problem with having a gap year is that you will forget quite a bit of what you were taught.
Thu 05/02/04 at 00:47
Regular
"relocated"
Nooooo! What you're taught at school has almost no relevance to what you're taught at university - and if it does then they'll remind you. Take a year out: you'll enjoy uni much more if you're a bit older and more experienced.
Thu 05/02/04 at 00:48
Yup. Looking back, I should've done the same.
Thu 05/02/04 at 00:59
Regular
"relocated"
My advice: take a year out before and a year out after. And a few more in between.
Thu 05/02/04 at 11:56
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
You could do a 4 year sandwich course where you go abroad, wherever you want, and work for a year in the sort of profession you would want to eventually do, that would be cool.
Thu 05/02/04 at 14:59
Regular
I'd love to take a year out, but I doubt I could afford it.

I'd go to Tokyo.

Come to think of it, I doubt if I can afford university anyway, £20,000+ in debt by the end of it is a daunting and off-putting prospect.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.