GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do if you felt like this..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Recently I have been having these chest pains. I am only 16 right and I am not "fat" as it were but every now and again for the past week or so I keep getting these chest pains. It feels like my heart is siexing up or something. Like it is trying to pump something that is a lot thicker than blood through it but it's sturggling. Everytime it happens I get a wee bit short of breath and I feel all those things in my chest.

The strangest thing is it happens even when I'm just sitting doing nothing. I don't know if it is just a random thing that's happening but I was wondering if I should see the doctors about it. I don't want to because as I said I'm only 16 and amn't fat so I can't imagine that it's anything of remote seriousness. Just wondering if it happens to other people though and what you would do in my situation?
Wed 04/02/04 at 07:43
Regular
My Doctor wouldn't laugh, he'd just prescribe me Paracetamol or E45 cream.

And give me a ANOTHER flu jab :(

I want to change doctor.
Wed 04/02/04 at 07:39
Regular
"cachoo"
Wow.. so many people with chest pains! Typically, I've been getting these too for the past few days ever since I fell down the stairs. Really hard to explain too! Like someone mentioned, dizziness, nausea, numbness in arm and best of all, chest pain; which feels like a huge bubble/cramp. Very awkward. Cubist, just go to the doctor. They won't laugh, you have a right to be worried if you really are, only you know when there's something wrong with your body, not some online doctor. ;)
Wed 04/02/04 at 07:30
Regular
I occasionally get these pains - when they kick in, do you find it hard to breathe the slightest bit in and out? Is it a stabbing kind of pain around the heart/left lung area? Does it only last a few seconds, no more than a couple of minutes?

You're probably unfit. I know I am and I should seriously start going to the gym.

If, however, you are actually fit and do work out, I suggest you see a doctor as it could be a serious problem currently lying dormant.
Wed 04/02/04 at 00:09
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> what's a heart murmur?

"Many parents fear the worst when their child is diagnosed with a heart murmur, but it's important to know that this diagnosis is extremely common. In fact, many children are found to have a heart murmur at some point during their lives. Most murmurs are not a cause for concern and do not affect the child's health at all.

What exactly is a heart murmur? Read on to find out what they are and what the diagnosis may mean for your child.

Definition
By itself, the term heart murmur is not a diagnosis of an illness or disorder, but to understand what it does mean, it's important to know how the heart works.

The heart is divided into four chambers; two are on the left and two are on the right. The blood pumped by the heart is oxygenated by the lungs and then carried through the arteries to the rest of the body. After the oxygen has been used, the blood returns to the heart through the veins and is pumped through the lungs again. The word murmur describes a swishing sound made as the blood flows through the heart's chambers, valves, or a hole within the heart.

A murmur can be heard through a stethoscope between normal heartbeats or in conjunction with them. Because a child's heart is very close to the chest wall, subtle noises can be heard more easily.

Sometimes, a doctor won't be able to hear a child's heart murmur unless the child is sitting quietly. Heart murmurs are most commonly discovered when the child is between 2 and 4 years old. Some doctors think this is because most children have had time to become familiar with their doctor and are more quiet and cooperative during the exam. "

Thorough or what heh.
Wed 04/02/04 at 00:07
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Ok I just did a diagnosis test online and after describing my symptoms, filling in a history of medical problems, my diet, where I have been recently and so on etc. After asking me about 4 questions it said. "Feeling any kind of crushing pain around the heart can be a serious problem and we advise you to seek medical advise immediately" Once again I'm POSITIVE an expert system I found on the internet is just going to blow things out of proportion however after what you've all said and what it said I think I may just book myself an appointment.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:58
Regular
what's a heart murmur?
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:46
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Growing Pains! That what my mum alwaysa said. I always get chest pains but i was born with a heart murmer so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Everyone on here seems to get chest pains so it seems pretty normal!
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:42
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Sharp pain.

hmmm, same here, not often though.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Nah, its not palpitations. Its like a really heavy pain around the
> heart area.
>
> Is it a sharp pain, or a dull ache?

Sharp pain.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:38
Regular
There are online doctors that you can pose your question to, although I tried it and they said they were too busy.

Gimps.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.