GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do if you felt like this..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Recently I have been having these chest pains. I am only 16 right and I am not "fat" as it were but every now and again for the past week or so I keep getting these chest pains. It feels like my heart is siexing up or something. Like it is trying to pump something that is a lot thicker than blood through it but it's sturggling. Everytime it happens I get a wee bit short of breath and I feel all those things in my chest.

The strangest thing is it happens even when I'm just sitting doing nothing. I don't know if it is just a random thing that's happening but I was wondering if I should see the doctors about it. I don't want to because as I said I'm only 16 and amn't fat so I can't imagine that it's anything of remote seriousness. Just wondering if it happens to other people though and what you would do in my situation?
Thu 05/02/04 at 20:56
Regular
Must be all the slapping you've been doing catching up on you.
Thu 05/02/04 at 17:58
Regular
"None Stored"
Your lack of excersise is just as bad as being fat.
Thu 05/02/04 at 14:41
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I never experience any heart/chest pains whatsoever. I suggest you lot see a doctor.

Better safe than sorry. Or perhaps not around to be sorry at all...
Thu 05/02/04 at 01:12
Regular
"relocated"
Cub!st wrote:
> one of them who continually looked things up in a little medical
> book.

They all do that at my surgery. I think it's called The Medical Formulary or similar - tells you about the drugs, side-effects etc. I see them looking wistfully at it and just think "Did you spend your entire time at university biffing hamsters, or what?" Basically I could be a doctor if I had that book.

But you should all go see doctors anyway. They'll just stethoscope you and tell you you're fine, but you'll feel better for it.
Wed 04/02/04 at 17:25
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Crap, well right now I would say it's as bad as you are making out but it has been getting more frequent and painful over the past few weeks so I'm going to try and catch it early. Even if it's nothing they'll probably prescribe a placebo. The power of the mind, great thing. I've probably had my share of vitamin C tablets instead of medicine before so I wont know the difference.
Wed 04/02/04 at 17:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cubist, we have something in common. I get these chest pains all the time. Usually when I try to move after a period of not moving, rather than in the middle of an action.

It's really quite scary some times. You can't breathe fully or else it hurts like hell. One morning I couldn't get out of bed. Literally. I tried to stand up, but it hurt incredibly. I had to lie in a certain position and breathe a certain way to avoid the pain. I stayed in that position for about an hour before I even tried to get out of bed.

The weird things is, it goes just as suddenly. Anyway, I don't think it's really anything to worry about, and if it is we're in the same boat here. Although it can be damn painful...
Wed 04/02/04 at 17:07
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
My doctor's always away on holiday so I always just settle for whoever is there at that time. I don't think I've ever had the same doctor twice. Ack well as long as they're qualified...which was questionable with one of them who continually looked things up in a little medical book. I was too scared to look at the title of it as I'm sure it'd be something like "My Body And Me! The sequal to the best seller 'I know my ABC's!'"
Wed 04/02/04 at 14:53
Regular
ßulle††™ wrote:
> I occasionally get these pains - when they kick in, do you find it
> hard to breathe the slightest bit in and out? Is it a stabbing kind
> of pain around the heart/left lung area? Does it only last a few
> seconds, no more than a couple of minutes?

Sounds a bit like a trapped nerve. I get these once in a while. Hurts like hell, you have to keep as still as possible, but very slowly fades away.
I guess the time could depend on how 'trapped' it is.

Or it could be something different.
Wed 04/02/04 at 13:09
Regular
Doctors suck, for most problems I've been to see them about they just shrug me off. I get nasty sharp pains in my shoulder. You can see with the naked eye that the bone is bent. I get it x-rayed, the doctor says 'It's fine'. Oh right, that's why I get those god-awful pains then is it? Moron.
Wed 04/02/04 at 08:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i occasionally have the same problem but was told it was to do with low blood pressure.because i dont ever get worked up or raise my heart rate it can become weaker(resting heart rate of 60)
go to the doctors get it checked out

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.