GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do if you felt like this..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Recently I have been having these chest pains. I am only 16 right and I am not "fat" as it were but every now and again for the past week or so I keep getting these chest pains. It feels like my heart is siexing up or something. Like it is trying to pump something that is a lot thicker than blood through it but it's sturggling. Everytime it happens I get a wee bit short of breath and I feel all those things in my chest.

The strangest thing is it happens even when I'm just sitting doing nothing. I don't know if it is just a random thing that's happening but I was wondering if I should see the doctors about it. I don't want to because as I said I'm only 16 and amn't fat so I can't imagine that it's anything of remote seriousness. Just wondering if it happens to other people though and what you would do in my situation?
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Recently I have been having these chest pains. I am only 16 right and I am not "fat" as it were but every now and again for the past week or so I keep getting these chest pains. It feels like my heart is siexing up or something. Like it is trying to pump something that is a lot thicker than blood through it but it's sturggling. Everytime it happens I get a wee bit short of breath and I feel all those things in my chest.

The strangest thing is it happens even when I'm just sitting doing nothing. I don't know if it is just a random thing that's happening but I was wondering if I should see the doctors about it. I don't want to because as I said I'm only 16 and amn't fat so I can't imagine that it's anything of remote seriousness. Just wondering if it happens to other people though and what you would do in my situation?
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sometimes i get chest pains and it feels like i could be having a mini heart attack or something, but i just pass it off.
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:58
Regular
"um..."
I had pains in my chest as well and I am only 20 I have had them before and they were just indigestion dunno if thats what you have. best see the doctor.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sounds like mild palpitations.

Stop writing about it on a forum and go and see a doctor.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:15
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Mild what's?
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:18
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Oh mild irregular irregular beatings of the heart. (Thank you dictionary.com heh) That doesn't sound too bad. Must happen to lots of people all the time no?
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Palpitations.

"Do you ever feel like your heart skips a beat? It feels awful and you wonder if something is wrong with your heart. There are actually many different reasons for this. When it feels like your heart skips a beat or starts to beat differently, this is called a palpitation or arrhythmia. Some arrhythmias are a temporary adjustment of the heartbeat. Other causes are more serious.

Symptoms include but are not limited to:

-rapid or irregular heart beats
-skipping beats
-fainting
-dizziness
-a feeling like the heart is jumping out of the chest
-shortness of breath

Avoiding stimulants such as nicotine, illegal drugs and caffeine, may alleviate your palpitations. Further investigation by your doctor is suggested if palpitations are recurrent and/or if you have symptoms mentioned above."
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:22
Regular
"um..."
Still, best seeing a doctor though just to be sure
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Cub!st wrote:
> Oh mild irregular irregular beatings of the heart. (Thank you
> dictionary.com heh) That doesn't sound too bad. Must happen to lots
> of people all the time no?

Yeah, but if it's started happening regularly then go and see your doctor - better to be safe than sorry.
Tue 03/02/04 at 23:23
Regular
I have a similar problem. I should go and see a doctor, but I prefer instead to surf the internet and trawl up any information I can on anything remotely similar, leaving me somewhat vague ideas of what it is.

I've feel my heart 'skip' a beat quite often, I've discovered this is when your heart pumps with no blood in it. Rather disconcerting.

I worry about going to doctors though, in case they tell me something awful, and instead I'm trying to slowly regain my fitness by gradually increasing training sessions.

I'm sure this is completely unrelated to your problem though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.