GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Better Luck Next Time Microsoft!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/03/01 at 22:16
Regular
Well then lets just look at this news that is official:

Mac has announced that Nvidia's GeForce3 graphics processor will be available for the Mac before it's released with Microsofts Xbox games console.

What exactly does this information tell everyone here and why is er-no posting it as a new topic? Well the reason being that it gives us lots of information about Microsofts console that Microsoft don't want us to know! The GeForce3 graphics chip is being made readily available for Macs in three months time, then two months after that PC's will be able to use the graphics chip, quite suprising considering Microsoft said that the chip would be unique to the Xbox! What else does this beautiful piece of information tell us apart from the fact that the Xbox won't boost anything graphically compared to when you run the chip on a Mac and that it will by the time the Xbox launches all have been seen before.
The news tells you a hint on the Xbox's price, Microsoft making no announcement as yet on price but the news gives you a hints, the chip will sell at £240 for the Mac and then PC, although you can't go make up an Xbox price from this figure it bounces clues at the £400+ easily.

When looking for news on consoles and gaming, don't always look for the companies news or ign's news, look at other news which may not have anything to do with gaming but reading inbetween the lines can give you hints at what is going to happen before companies announce it.

Thanks for Reading.
Please let me know what you feel.
From the predictor of all things gaming: er-no
Fri 30/03/01 at 15:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
'scuse my grammar
Fri 30/03/01 at 15:23
Regular
FantasyMeister mumbled:

"I look forward to both the GC, X-Box and PS3."

I'm sorry, but I feel like pointing out errors today...

Fri 30/03/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I should so have won for my comtribution to this radical topic man, that is sooooo heavy...:P

Anyhoo, next topic!
Fri 30/03/01 at 12:35
Regular
"not dead"
I'd too like to have both all three of them ;-)
Fri 30/03/01 at 12:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I agree with Meka, you can't really diss something until you've actually tried it out a few times, at least then you can diss it with some authority.

So whilst it's fair for me to diss one or two existing consoles, I look forward to both the GC, X-Box and PS3.

I'm sure that after I've played all 3 I'll pick my favorite and start dissing the other two, but that's just my irrational mentality working overtime.

It would be nice to have ALL 3 consoles just as good as the other so that dissing wouldn't come into it.
Fri 30/03/01 at 10:02
Sink.
Fri 30/03/01 at 10:00
Regular
"not dead"
I haven't really commented on the XBox for a while, so here goes.

There seems to be an equal amount of people looking forward to it as there are willing to rip it to shreds.

It looks like it might have a decent bank of games, but there's nothing there that really appeals to me as yet. sSony already have a number of big franchises from the PSX days, and Nintendo are bringing back all of their big stars for another run out for the GameCube launch.

Microsoft don't seem to have one thing that makes me want to buy their console. None of the games impress me, or appeal to me, and to be petty, the controller and console don't look too hot!

Microsoft will put a lot behind this console, but whether it will be enough to stop it from sinking, only time will tell.
Thu 29/03/01 at 22:42
Regular
*Snipers sneezing fits finally get the better of him... catapulting him off his chair with every sneeze...*
Thu 29/03/01 at 22:35
Regular
OH my god game it's getting worse.
Thu 29/03/01 at 22:33
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Grix Wrote:

Gameboy Adva'r'nce He he he, I don't think HE realises does he Grix?!

Anyway, I do seriously think that, ironically working in with the title of this post, Microsoft will do a lot better next time around, I am not saying they have failed, but once people see the games are good, the ones that are, they will be more eager to get an XB2 with even more updated graphics and gameplay engines.

What I am trying to say is that I think that Microsoft need some time to make a legend, they need a Link or a Mario, Raven or 'Alice the Malice' haven't even kicked off yet, they need time...so thinking about it, Microsoft won't need better luck next time, they will already have made legends and if the games are good enough and the gameplay is there then it won't be so hard to get a high user base!

Over time Microsoft will slowly, and carefully catch the X-Box users, and what will they use to back it all up?!?! Money, Green, Dosh, Squid, whatever you want to call it, and a lot of it! With the funding, which is limited, (contrary to popular thinking), Microsoft can take gaming to new heights, but it all depends of whether they will take the risk.

Risk
No Risk
Risk
No Risk
Risk
No Risk....where will it stop?

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.