GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pirates Of The Caribbean Reviewed - Ok it's a bit late lol:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/01/04 at 19:05
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I know it's a bit late but I wrote one for Ciao and thought I'd also post it on here as a GAD attempt only to find they don't sell that particular DVD. Hmph. Ack well I still thought I'd post it here for you guys to view. Enjoy:

Pirates Of The Carribean
------------------------

Don't you just love it when you're walking through you're local HMV and find a gem of a DVD in their half price sale? You know what I mean, a film like Gattaca or Top Gun. Well Pirates Of The Caribbean may not be as innovative as Gattaca or emotional as Top Gun but this is definitely a modern day masterpiece that you definitely wont regret paying full price for.

By the director of the popular horror film, The Ring, Gore Verbinski has delivered a spectacular film with a cast that some directors can only dream of. The up and coming A-List elf Orlando Bloom delivers a surprisingly good performance as the dashing young Will Turner, the dazzling Keira Knightley who plays the perfect love interest and Cap'n Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp.

Mr. Depp delivers a stunning performance after a fair few years out off the movie making game in his come back film, and what a come back it is. His fabulously camp performance as the comical yet skilled pirate of the seven seas is one that simply does not disappoint. His cheeky little comments provide well-needed light relief in this otherwise generic pirate movie.

"Welcome to the Caribbean love!" Says the apathetic scally wag in an attempt to get Keira to loosen up and drink some Rum. Just like a real pirate. It's grade A material I'll tell you that.

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good film without him only that without Cap'n Jack this film would have far too much doom and gloom for your average viewer, which, in itself can be comical.

The plot itself is a solid one typical of the genre and as you would have guessed from the 12 certificate it's a bit darker than usual for a Disney film. The CG for example allows us to see the skeleton remains of a crew of the damned. Probably not a good idea to play the lenient parent with this one and show it to your kids. I'm 16 and still jumped out of my seat the first time I saw one of them!

However this is not about me looking like a jumping fool in the cinema. This is a list of my opinions; you may not like them; you may not agree with them but don't argue! "Do you think it wise to cross blades with a pirate” I don’t! So go and buy a copy from the shops or plunder your mates house and take his for a stunning adventure on the high seas.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Maverick42 wrote:
You say you're a media student:

The Godfather trilogy - No
Taxi Driver - Yes
The Shawshank Redemption - No
The Deer Hunter - No
Goodfellas - No

In my defence though there are a lot of great films that I have seen but aren't full of sickening violence which isn't my thing. For example I have seen a lot of the Hitchcock films such as Dial M For Murder, Vertigo, The Man Who Knew Too Much and Rear Window. I know I haven't seen The Birds or Psycho which are arguable his two greatest but still. Ack well I do try to watch these amazing films but I guess I just haven't heh. Sorry, Gattaca was a classic though wasn't it? I mean come on that was great. Lol I'm such an easy wind up, I've got to stop trying to defend myself over trivial things.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:25
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> I was more contrasting their success to their prices.

And then:
> I guess I didn't articulate myself well

Yeah, I guess so.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:22
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was more contrasting their success to their prices. All three were extremely successfull however I was trying to say that Pirates is so good you wont want to wait till it's half price you'll go out and spend your hard earned cash on it:D

I guess I didn't articulate myself well though. I apologise.
Fri 30/01/04 at 18:21
Regular
I can't really trust Cubist anymore. Even though Pirates of the Caribbean WAS good and enjoyable.

I mean, you have some of the worst taste in films I've come across. You like almost everything. You like the crappiest movies. Then you hark on about it taking a certain level of intelligence to appreciate them. No, it doesn't. They just really are that bad.

You say you're a media student - have you even seen any great films? The Godfather trilogy? Taxi Driver? The Shawshank Redemption? The Deer Hunter? Goodfellas? etc etc?

Watch some of the epic pieces of cinema and then come back and re-analyse your opinions. You'd get more credibility.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:32
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> Don't you just love it when you're walking through you're local HMV
> and find a gem of a DVD in their half price sale? You know what I
> mean, a film like Gattaca or Top Gun. Well Pirates Of The Caribbean
> may not be as innovative as Gattaca or emotional as Top Gun but this
> is definitely a modern day masterpiece that you definitely wont
> regret paying full price for.

zuh? blah blah cult classics that are old and half price does NOT lead you seamlessly into Pirates of the Caribbean, a MASSIVE blockbuster.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:26
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Peter Venkman wrote:
> I don't get it....How can you hate someone you've never met over a
> disagreement on an Internet Chat Forum?

I don't quite understand it myself but Blank has never been nice to me, never agreed with anything I've said, never even respected my opinion and left it at that, has always started an argument about whatever I've said with the words "You're so stupid!" or "You idiot!" etc. He can never just accept that I have a different opinion and even if my opinions are "stupid" or "idiotic" many other forum members just ignore it. Not Blank though he just keeps on insulting me, hounding my threads and generally annoying me. Over the long time I have been on these forums I have grown to despise his very being.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:18
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> Cubist V.2 wrote:
> I hope you get cancer.
>
> Oh, how mature. I hope you get piles.
>
> What?!? I am not trying to be mature. Some of the greatest men and
> women in history wish death upon their enemies. It does not mean they
> are being immature just that they hate their enemies to that degree.
> In the same way I despise Blank.

I don't get it....How can you hate someone you've never met over a disagreement on an Internet Chat Forum?
Fri 30/01/04 at 14:11
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
That's not being pretentious is it?:S I am not claiming to be better than anyone else for no apparent reason. I just thought that would help make my point that it isn't necassarily an immature thing. If you say so though then I'm sorry.

As for wishing cancer upon someone it may seem very harsh, uncaring, horrible and a down right detestable thing to say but if you could walk a mile in my shoes maybe you'd think different. I personally have nothign against any of you. (I can barely remember how to spell pandy's name) But if you are going to have a go at me for not being as nice and godly as Blank then do so.

Finally I except that there must be some truth in it but no one has told me what idiotic things I say or do. How can I be expected to progress if I can not see the flaw? I also think some of you are just saying it because you dislike me or are following the crowd because I haven't even heard of you before. I don't want to be seen as stupid, pretentious or whatever but I don't know what makes you think I am so I don't know how to stop it:(
Fri 30/01/04 at 14:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Nope, you'll find quite clearly that I said "Yes, I have been
> harsh" and not "I am going to change."
>
> Lies...
> Blank wrote:
> On the issue of me hounding you...well, I'm prepared to back down
> over that. I have been unfairly harsh to you. I'm sorry.

In no way do those two utterances equate to each other. One is saying "I will admit that I've been harsh" and the other is "I will be less harsh." It's not the same at all.

You can interpret it any way you like, but if you think you can use your own incorrect interpretations and inferences about what I've said against me then you'll be sorely disappointed.
Fri 30/01/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> What?!? I am not trying to be mature. Some of the greatest men and
> women in history wish death upon their enemies. It does not mean they
> are being immature just that they hate their enemies to that degree.
> In the same way I despise Blank.

That is exactly what I mean. Pretentious. "Some of the greatest men and
women in history wish death upon their enemies"

YOU ARE POSTING ON A MESSAGE BOARD ON THE 'NET.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.