GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jeez, this self improvement malarkey is expensive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/09/09 at 20:03
Regular
"That's right!"
So after years of self loathing I finally decided to try and fix everything that I don't like about myself physically, basically everything that I don't like when I look in the mirror. Sort of like a mid-life crisis except I'm only 25.

Some stuff is easy, like spending more on clothes and working out a bit more (I’ve been single for almost a year now so plenty of free time for that).

Got my front teeth fixed at the dentist a few weeks ago, that was the first and easiest thing on my list. I didn't have the mouth of a genetically limited redneck or anything, just one of my front teeth was at an angle, it had been pulled that way by my brace a few years ago to fill the gap. Set me back £108. Fair enough, should be a one off, but they did it by spending 30 minutes basically sanding the front teeth down so they were level and building them back up with whatever it is they use (not a filling, that other stuff) - potentially not permanent, in fact I have to be careful biting stuff like sellotape (not that I have a thing for biting sellotape). 108 quid... worth it though.

Teeth bleaching, still looking into, don't want them Hollywood "so white I must work in Colgate adverts" white, just whiter than they are (which admittedly aren't too bad as they, but it's still on the list).

Ingrown toe nail (wore indoor climbing shoes as part of a Rocky costume over a year ago because my boots didn't arrive in time, toe nails were crushed, went black, died and fell off, one has recently become ingrown as it grew back, hurts like a mofo) - luckily covered by the NHS. I’m having the sides removed and the nail bed killed so it can’t grow back by a chiropodist in October, then I have to go for regular checkups for a while after that to keep an eye on it. Also can't get it wet for a few weeks. Now I had problems keeping my toe out of the shower when they removed a sharp piece of toe nail as a temporary solution to try and ease the pain, and that was only for two days before I could remove the dressing, this is like a few weeks! Gonna end up wrapping it in a bin liner every morning...

Acne scarring - acne is something I've had since I was about 14. My brother had it too and his eventually cleared up and left little evidence, whereas I scar rediculously easy and have a carpet of scars covering my entire back and chest, as well as most of my face. It's not too bad now but I'm 25 with the skin of a 16 year old McDonalds employee, so as part of my not-so-mid-life crisis it's got to go. Got a quote the other day, £400 for my face, £300 for my chest, £800 for my back - blimey! I can afford it but still, that's a fair chunk. Just the other day they did a test lasering on about a quarter of my chest. It feels like you're getting slowly stabbed repeatedly with a hot needle, it doesn't hurt it's just a bit irritating. Anyway, gotta see how that goes, if that particular patch improves after three treatments they can do the rest.

Still to look at but will more than likely never do -

Correction to my slightly off centre right eye
Jaw realignment (I have an overbite like Bart Simpson)
Nose job

So, still a lot of work to do, but as soon as my teeth were fixed I felt more confident and stopped trying to hide my smile, or smile with my mouth shut (which just looks bizarre in photos when it's a full on laughing smile) so it's definitely working. But let this be a lesson to you kids, get your teeth and your acne sorted while you're young! (and still covered by the NHS). I could've had all this done years ago for a fraction of the price! Ah well, live and learn...
Thu 03/09/09 at 09:01
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Changing stuff about your body? Bah and phooey!

Nah I'm kidding. So many people doing it these days. At the moment i'm going through a "detox" of sorts. (Drinking only water and 2 cups of coffee a day)

Really wanna start exercising more, or even gyming, but I just can not be bothered.

Oh and the teeth. I would love to have whiter than white teeth.
Thu 03/09/09 at 01:15
Regular
All I'd wanna change are a few stretchmarks on my lower back and that's about it, may get the laser treatment when I'm older.

Oh and some eye surgery, I wear contacts but I want my sight back.
Wed 02/09/09 at 22:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I couldn't honestly go through all that and not feel terribly vain afterwards. It's not like there isn't plenty to do and I've plenty of scars but screw it, they're a part of me now. All I'd like fixed are my teeth, unfortunate then that having 1 removed as a child put me off the dentists for life.
Wed 02/09/09 at 20:03
Regular
"That's right!"
So after years of self loathing I finally decided to try and fix everything that I don't like about myself physically, basically everything that I don't like when I look in the mirror. Sort of like a mid-life crisis except I'm only 25.

Some stuff is easy, like spending more on clothes and working out a bit more (I’ve been single for almost a year now so plenty of free time for that).

Got my front teeth fixed at the dentist a few weeks ago, that was the first and easiest thing on my list. I didn't have the mouth of a genetically limited redneck or anything, just one of my front teeth was at an angle, it had been pulled that way by my brace a few years ago to fill the gap. Set me back £108. Fair enough, should be a one off, but they did it by spending 30 minutes basically sanding the front teeth down so they were level and building them back up with whatever it is they use (not a filling, that other stuff) - potentially not permanent, in fact I have to be careful biting stuff like sellotape (not that I have a thing for biting sellotape). 108 quid... worth it though.

Teeth bleaching, still looking into, don't want them Hollywood "so white I must work in Colgate adverts" white, just whiter than they are (which admittedly aren't too bad as they, but it's still on the list).

Ingrown toe nail (wore indoor climbing shoes as part of a Rocky costume over a year ago because my boots didn't arrive in time, toe nails were crushed, went black, died and fell off, one has recently become ingrown as it grew back, hurts like a mofo) - luckily covered by the NHS. I’m having the sides removed and the nail bed killed so it can’t grow back by a chiropodist in October, then I have to go for regular checkups for a while after that to keep an eye on it. Also can't get it wet for a few weeks. Now I had problems keeping my toe out of the shower when they removed a sharp piece of toe nail as a temporary solution to try and ease the pain, and that was only for two days before I could remove the dressing, this is like a few weeks! Gonna end up wrapping it in a bin liner every morning...

Acne scarring - acne is something I've had since I was about 14. My brother had it too and his eventually cleared up and left little evidence, whereas I scar rediculously easy and have a carpet of scars covering my entire back and chest, as well as most of my face. It's not too bad now but I'm 25 with the skin of a 16 year old McDonalds employee, so as part of my not-so-mid-life crisis it's got to go. Got a quote the other day, £400 for my face, £300 for my chest, £800 for my back - blimey! I can afford it but still, that's a fair chunk. Just the other day they did a test lasering on about a quarter of my chest. It feels like you're getting slowly stabbed repeatedly with a hot needle, it doesn't hurt it's just a bit irritating. Anyway, gotta see how that goes, if that particular patch improves after three treatments they can do the rest.

Still to look at but will more than likely never do -

Correction to my slightly off centre right eye
Jaw realignment (I have an overbite like Bart Simpson)
Nose job

So, still a lot of work to do, but as soon as my teeth were fixed I felt more confident and stopped trying to hide my smile, or smile with my mouth shut (which just looks bizarre in photos when it's a full on laughing smile) so it's definitely working. But let this be a lesson to you kids, get your teeth and your acne sorted while you're young! (and still covered by the NHS). I could've had all this done years ago for a fraction of the price! Ah well, live and learn...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.