GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guitar people.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Know quite a few people on here claim to play guitar so I thought I should ask for some info.

Been playing for about a year but not really as good as I should be by now.

Looking for some good songs that are fairly easy to play, my mind has gone blank on what decent guitar tunes there are that sound simple enough to play, so I ask for your help.

May as well discuss other guitar stuff here to if need be.
thanks
Thu 29/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Placebo started really well, first (commercial) album was top notch, then they kinda lost it in my views.
can't take much to knock the singer over though, he's the size of a small branch... a twig if you will :)

couldn't get into staind at all. "Glum rock" i think is an apt description. well, that and "puppets of Durst"
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
"lets go back"
Is possum number 2 trying to rule the world or something. Why should we have to say 'in my oppinion' all the time you idiot. everything we say on here is our own oppinion.

you say that you like to play hard guitar solos then slagg off classic rock songs with hard solos in them. these 'whiny' bands invented hard guitar solos. some of the solos slash plays are far far harder than any of the ones nu metal bands play yet you dont like them.

"in my oppinion" you are an idiot.
Sun 01/02/04 at 19:48
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"The Final Countdown" has an excellent solo.

And if you want to play hard stuff - Yngwie Malmsteen.
Sun 01/02/04 at 21:39
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Also:

-Al De Miola
-Joe Satriani
-Paul Gilbert
-John Petrucci
-Steve Morse
-Eddie (Eddy?) Van Halen
-Metallica

These are some of the fastest player in the world to any of their stuff should be extremely difficult. If you REALLY want a challenge, try the solo to Steve Vai's 'The Riddle', its the fastest anyone has ever been recorded ever. To be exact that's 20.8 notes per second, and thats picking, not tapping. Please not i didnt work that 20.8 notes per second bit out, i read it in a guitar mag. :-)
Sun 01/02/04 at 21:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
What about that Michael Angelo dude?

He's really fast, although he cheats kind of, being ambidextrous and using (effectively) two guitars at once and all...

It's quite cool.
Sun 01/02/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ever heard the second solo in Ozzy's Mr Crowley?

The live version from 'Tribute' is even better.
If you haven't, you don't know what you're missing.
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Memorandum! wrote:
> What about that Michael Angelo dude?
>
> He's really fast, although he cheats kind of, being ambidextrous and
> using (effectively) two guitars at once and all...
>
> It's quite cool.

John Otway does that while doing somersaults off ladders...
ergo, he wins :)
Mon 02/02/04 at 11:03
Regular
"you've got a beard"
triggerhappyrocker wrote:
> If you REALLY want a challenge,
> try the solo to Steve Vai's 'The Riddle', its the fastest anyone has
> ever been recorded ever. To be exact that's 20.8 notes per second,
> and thats picking, not tapping. Please not i didnt work that 20.8
> notes per second bit out, i read it in a guitar mag. :-)

holy crap!
that's ridiculous, i knew it was fast but i didn't know it was all picked.
i can play some of his stuff, but i tend to steer clear away of speed for speeds sake stuff. i'm all about shredding, but more in a Zakk Wylde kinda way, shredding that still sounds heavy, not just like as much theory as possible crammed into a bar :)
Mon 02/02/04 at 13:29
"I love yo... lamp."
It isn't all alternate picking, it is done with lots of hammer ons and pull offs. Otherwise that would be 208 notes in 10 seconds. Most people struggle with the tempo at 208 BPM.

Fastest picker in the world is Joe Stump apparently.
Mon 02/02/04 at 14:24
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Geffdof wrote:
> you say that you like to play hard guitar solos then slagg off
> classic rock songs with hard solos in them. these 'whiny' bands
> invented hard guitar solos. some of the solos slash plays are far far
> harder than any of the ones nu metal bands play yet you dont like
> them.
>
> "in my oppinion" you are an idiot.

In my opinion, you're a retard. Well not really but I never said I like hard solo's. I couldn't do any of that soloey stuff from those old bands where they just sit there for ages just going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on improvving solos. (Although, I do like the solo at the end of 'One' by Metallica). All I said was I CHOOSE to learn the harder songs like Thrice and things instead of starting off with repetetive 4 chord songs like Greenday. Call me stupid. . . Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.