GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Off the Cool List"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 23:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
People you think no longer deserve to be considered cool, be it down to terrible film after terrible film, shameless huckstering of god-awful products or just plain old-fashioned lameness.

Samuel L Jackson - What was his last good film? Basic? SWAT? XXX? Changing Lanes? Episode II? Oh no, wait - they were all terrible. And those Barclaycard adverts? Psshh. Get off the list Jackson, and stop humping Quentin's leg.

John Travolta - For much the same reasons as Sammy boy. He might be the fattest man in Hollywood and have his own jumbo jet, but that doesn't give him an excuse to make the big streaming yellow streak of films he's slashed out recently. I honestly can't remember a decent Travolta movie since Get Shorty. And even that wasn't brilliant. Off, fatty.

Harrison Ford - Hasn't made a good movie since 1984 (the year, not the... book). Shagging Ally McBeal doesn't make you cool, it makes you pervy and old. And you can take that earring out too. You look ridiculous.

John Woo - Um... Windtalkers anyone? Paycheck? The Replacement Killers? Mission Impossible 2? Hello? Anyone? FACE/OFF! I DID FACE/OFF, THAT WAS GOOD! Yeah, that was 7 years ago, and starred fatty up there. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out, SELLOUT.

Laurence Fishburne - Ah, Larry Larry Larry. Sorry, Laurence. You were one of the coolest characters in movie history. Then you went all annoying, put on a crappy jumper and became Jada-Pinkett Smith's lapdog. I believed in you man. Give me the blue pill anyday.
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
People you think no longer deserve to be considered cool, be it down to terrible film after terrible film, shameless huckstering of god-awful products or just plain old-fashioned lameness.

Samuel L Jackson - What was his last good film? Basic? SWAT? XXX? Changing Lanes? Episode II? Oh no, wait - they were all terrible. And those Barclaycard adverts? Psshh. Get off the list Jackson, and stop humping Quentin's leg.

John Travolta - For much the same reasons as Sammy boy. He might be the fattest man in Hollywood and have his own jumbo jet, but that doesn't give him an excuse to make the big streaming yellow streak of films he's slashed out recently. I honestly can't remember a decent Travolta movie since Get Shorty. And even that wasn't brilliant. Off, fatty.

Harrison Ford - Hasn't made a good movie since 1984 (the year, not the... book). Shagging Ally McBeal doesn't make you cool, it makes you pervy and old. And you can take that earring out too. You look ridiculous.

John Woo - Um... Windtalkers anyone? Paycheck? The Replacement Killers? Mission Impossible 2? Hello? Anyone? FACE/OFF! I DID FACE/OFF, THAT WAS GOOD! Yeah, that was 7 years ago, and starred fatty up there. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out, SELLOUT.

Laurence Fishburne - Ah, Larry Larry Larry. Sorry, Laurence. You were one of the coolest characters in movie history. Then you went all annoying, put on a crappy jumper and became Jada-Pinkett Smith's lapdog. I believed in you man. Give me the blue pill anyday.
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:52
Regular
C'mon, Samuel L will always be cool.
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:56
Regular
I'd say Vin Diesel as well. He was great in Pitch Black, but XXX was toss.
Thu 22/01/04 at 00:11
Regular
"Monochromatic"
michael jackson:he used to be the coolest person on the planet,look at him now.
Thu 22/01/04 at 03:02
Regular
"relocated"
Yes, Samuel L Jackson is officially off the cool list. I hope they paid him an awful lot of money to shred his credibility in SWAT.
Thu 22/01/04 at 04:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
All of them except Samuel should be on that list.

He just oozes coolness in interviews. :D
Thu 22/01/04 at 08:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Samuel L Jackson

May be on a downward blip, but come one, the guy still screams "cool" at you. Its just his whole bearing and way of speech.

> John Travolta

Battlefield Earth was a masterpiece of bad film making. I have to disagree with you on this one ;)

> Harrison Ford

But hes just been reported being seen blind drunk, falling over and visiting lapdancing clubs. He's in his sixties. Hes *still* Indiana Jones (for the upcoming new film) He's cool.

> John Woo

After "Hard Boiled" he hasn't directed a good movie. "Face/off" was ok, but very, very silly.

> Laurence Fishburne

Same as Samuel J to a lesser extent. He did a pretty good job with the appalling material he was given to work with in the matrix sequels. He still has a screen presence that only the best can have.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Harrison Ford - ... And you can take that earring out too. You look ridiculous.

*laughs out bloody loud*

Mr Snuggly also wrote:
> John Woo - ... FACE/OFF! I DID FACE/OFF, THAT WAS GOOD!

Face/Off? Change the 'a' for a 'u' and the 'e' for a 'k'.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:23
Regular
Ever since Woo got Westernised he really has been truely sh!te. Face/Off was okay, but compare that to something like Hard Boiled or Bullet in the Head and you realise just how cack he's got.
Thu 22/01/04 at 15:15
Regular
Samuel L Jackson was only cool in "Unbreakable"

Because he was crazy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.