GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Goal That Has Stuck In Your Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This may fail, as personally, I can't really remember one to be honest.
Well, there is one actually, but the details of it are pants.

Anyway.

It doesn't necessarily need to be aesthetically pleasing, or a stunning 40 yard top corner screamer.

But has there been a goal that has stuck in your memory in ages, whether it be for the sheer suspense under which it was scored, eg, 90th minute cup final goal, or whether it was just a phenomenal goal.

One I can remember was near the beginning of this season - Tacchinardi for Juve against can't remember who.
All I remember is that it was the utmost driving snow, and it was one hell of a shot.
Some fair distance out, he just smacked it, and it rose up and up without dipping, and flew into the top corner.

Magnifíque. Dunno the Italian for it.

So, gogogo.
Fri 23/01/04 at 10:02
Regular
"Long time no see!"
"THAT" Ryan Giggs goal in the FA Cup against Arsénal, the year we won `The Treble´. It was great for so-many reasons... The icing on the cake; the cannon-ball to sink all battleships.... And, it was against Le Gooners!! :D

They can say what they like about Thierry Henry... But even he will never better that! :P

Then, of course, there was Solskjaer's last-second winner against Bayern Munich in the Treble-clinching finalé. It wasn't an 80-yard out-of-control thunderbolt or anything; it was made so-much.

Oh, yes. And that Di Canio goal... :)

"Di Cani-o-OOH!!", said Martin Tyler, as I remember.
(Sounds kind of dodgy, now, if you ask me... What was Andy Gray doing, you must ask?! :S And what about that "Di Matteo... OOW!!")
Thu 22/01/04 at 21:59
Regular
"Notable"
Ooooh. He scored 2 like that. ABSOLUTE SMACKERS! Both of the bar as well.
Thu 22/01/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Tony Yoboa, (or however it was spelt), for Leeds against Livepool, mainly because James got SO close to making the save of all time.
Thu 22/01/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Notable"
Ronaldos against United last season. We were flying and just started that great run to the premiership.

But we got smashed by them at home and proved that we aint nothing to them in Europe.

25 yards out......BANG. And Stumpy Smith between the sticks floundered as only he can.
Thu 22/01/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I thought that Di Canio one where the cross came in and he jumped up and volleyed it in mid air was just pure amazing, don't remember who it was against just too focused on the goal itself.
Another great Di Canio goal was the one against Chelsea last year i think where he teed it up then smashed it in from about 30-35 yards out.

One more goal i'll never get tired of is Nayim's against Seaman back in 95 i think it was. Not the only time we saw the man floundering in the net in his career. :-D
Thu 22/01/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that the goal that is stuck in my mind the most is Forlan's in the Fulham vs Man United game in the Autumn. For these reasons:

1- No-one in the crowd expected it.

2- A lot of net bulge.

3- Most of the other people who were in corporate hospitality had just left for a halftime piddle at the time, because it was just before the break. Hilarious.
Thu 22/01/04 at 19:33
"R.I.P Acestar"
Yeah i think Owen really stood out then. Especially 5-1 Germany.Wow i nearly wet myself when they won. But now hes gone downhill with all the inguries and the relationship with the Liverpool Manager(i cant spell his name)has gone sour.i hope were not gonna see the end of this great player in the Premiership. just like Becham.especially with the possible Cisse.
When i was younger he was my favourite player and he still is.
Thu 22/01/04 at 18:56
Regular
"Whatever!"
> another goal was when it was the final 10 mins Liverpool v Arsenal
> FA cup final current score:liverpool 0-1 arsenal
> liver corner owen volleyed it down.YES
> then arsenal corner hit out by someone to owen, owen took it past
> arsenal defender and chipped it past Seamen!!!!!!GOAL.i couldnt
> believe it owen had saved Liverpool twice!!! and won the FA cup!!

Yeah - That still sticks with me. Memorable last 10 minutes!
Thu 22/01/04 at 17:46
"R.I.P Acestar"
England v Greece, last minute, No Owen, had to get a goal to qualify.
last chance for England. becham had a free kick on the edge of the box.
WHAMMMM. completely baffled the goalkeper and span into the top corner.
im sure you all remember that.

another goal was when it was the final 10 mins Liverpool v Arsenal
FA cup final current score:liverpool 0-1 arsenal
liver corner owen volleyed it down.YES
then arsenal corner hit out by someone to owen, owen took it past arsenal defender and chipped it past Seamen!!!!!!GOAL.i couldnt believe it owen had saved Liverpool twice!!! and won the FA cup!!
Thu 22/01/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Notable"
Oooh. Ruben Baraja against Mallorca away, last season.

He smashed it from about 30 yards and it hit the bar twice before it went in.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.