GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Goal That Has Stuck In Your Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This may fail, as personally, I can't really remember one to be honest.
Well, there is one actually, but the details of it are pants.

Anyway.

It doesn't necessarily need to be aesthetically pleasing, or a stunning 40 yard top corner screamer.

But has there been a goal that has stuck in your memory in ages, whether it be for the sheer suspense under which it was scored, eg, 90th minute cup final goal, or whether it was just a phenomenal goal.

One I can remember was near the beginning of this season - Tacchinardi for Juve against can't remember who.
All I remember is that it was the utmost driving snow, and it was one hell of a shot.
Some fair distance out, he just smacked it, and it rose up and up without dipping, and flew into the top corner.

Magnifíque. Dunno the Italian for it.

So, gogogo.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This may fail, as personally, I can't really remember one to be honest.
Well, there is one actually, but the details of it are pants.

Anyway.

It doesn't necessarily need to be aesthetically pleasing, or a stunning 40 yard top corner screamer.

But has there been a goal that has stuck in your memory in ages, whether it be for the sheer suspense under which it was scored, eg, 90th minute cup final goal, or whether it was just a phenomenal goal.

One I can remember was near the beginning of this season - Tacchinardi for Juve against can't remember who.
All I remember is that it was the utmost driving snow, and it was one hell of a shot.
Some fair distance out, he just smacked it, and it rose up and up without dipping, and flew into the top corner.

Magnifíque. Dunno the Italian for it.

So, gogogo.
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:44
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
One goal I can always recall was Riise's rocket against Man Utd.

Nobody expected it; the wall were quite naive in their organisation, so they only put about 3 people in it. Gary Neville was arguing about something, I also remember that.

Riise ran up, and that ball went from 0-70mph in an instant, and it seemed to curve upwards, it hit the underside of the bar and then the post, and stopped dead in the goal.

I went absolutely f**king crazy, and whenever I see a shot like that, or try it myself, I call it a "Riise Rocket" :P

Shame it hasn't happened like that for him since, but that goal will probably never be emulated by him anyway.
Thu 22/01/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Roberto Carlos's free kick against France always sticks out.

Also a good few of Cantona's fine strikes and the delicate chip one he slotted into the top corner before turning round and just putting his hands in the air.

I also remember one Darren Anderton scored, hit both posts before going in. Only remember it because I scored one very similar to it in an amateur match.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Whatever!"
Robbie Fowler's injury time winner against Newcastle when we beat them 4-3 for the second season running. I was sitting in the Kop at the time and have never experienced atmosphere like it - The place just exploded!

Another was David Platt. The second round of World Cup '90 against Belgium, another injury time winner coming at the end of extra time. I went mad!

One more was a goal I scored playing in the school team. I took control of the ball around about the half way line took it round a few players, ran down the wing, cut into the box and as the keeper was coming out I chipped him from about the penalty spot straight into the top right hand corner - Best goal I ever scored
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:51
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I always remember David Beckham's goal against Wimbledon many years ago, the one where he chipped Neil Sulivan from the halfway line. Great precision and accuracy with a touch of cheek.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:38
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> Roberto Carlos's free kick against France always sticks out.

Same.

And Dannie Bulman's first ever goal for Wycombe. On his debut, he came off the bench and his first touch of the ball and he scored. The defender thumped the ball right against his backside, and it ricocheted off and went past the keeper.

Wycombe 2-1 Bristol Rovers

80th minute, Dannie scores the winner, makes back page of the Sun. I was in Spain at the time, so seeing "Cheeky Dannie" on the back pages of the English tabloids was a surprise.
Thu 22/01/04 at 15:21
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> Also a good few of Cantona's fine strikes and the delicate chip one
> he slotted into the top corner before turning round and just putting
> his hands in the air.

Ye, that one sticks out for me to. Even the celebration in itself made it look as though Cantona couldnt believe it!

Sheringhams equaliser agaisnt Bayern Munich will always stick in my mind, becasue i was certain we had lost the final as nothing was going right that day. Cole and Yorke who had been on fire all season were completley useless that night but good old teddy popped up and did the business.

Also Almeyda scored a superb goal in Serie A a few seasons back. Volleyed it with the tongue of his boot from about 40 yrds. Mad goal. Makes a Laurent Robert shot look tame!

Oh, and one more has to be Batistuta's goal at old trafford in the champions league. He was about 25 yrds our and just blasted it at goal and it flew straight past Bosnich. Will always remember that one becasue i went to the game!
Thu 22/01/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Colourless"
AliBoy wrote:
> I also remember one Darren Anderton scored,

lmao What???????

I think mine would be Zola's goal, against Wimbledon in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup 1997, I think it was one of the best goals I have or will ever see. Pure quality. Also his flick against norwich was superb.

I think Giggs' against Arsenal in the cup is also one that will stay in my head, along with Trevor Sinclair superb overhead kick form 30yards out, when he played for QPR.
Thu 22/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Notable"
Mattie Hollands against ????. In the World Cup for Ireland. It was the first game and it just came to him outside the box and he caught it so crisply it went perfect bottom corner.

Sunday Oliseh agianst Spain for Nigeria In France 98. An absolute rocket.

2 very poor examples but they just always lurk in my mind.

Think of some better ones later.
Thu 22/01/04 at 17:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Mendieta (sp?) scored a class goal against Barcelona when he was still at Valencia.

Corner was taken and he hit it on the volley from outside the box, curved into the top corner of the goal.
Could watch that goal over and over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.