GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Goal That Has Stuck In Your Mind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
This may fail, as personally, I can't really remember one to be honest.
Well, there is one actually, but the details of it are pants.

Anyway.

It doesn't necessarily need to be aesthetically pleasing, or a stunning 40 yard top corner screamer.

But has there been a goal that has stuck in your memory in ages, whether it be for the sheer suspense under which it was scored, eg, 90th minute cup final goal, or whether it was just a phenomenal goal.

One I can remember was near the beginning of this season - Tacchinardi for Juve against can't remember who.
All I remember is that it was the utmost driving snow, and it was one hell of a shot.
Some fair distance out, he just smacked it, and it rose up and up without dipping, and flew into the top corner.

Magnifíque. Dunno the Italian for it.

So, gogogo.
Wed 18/02/04 at 02:11
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Would you like to explain to me how this was impossible to do? Was there a wall blockking his pathway to the ball? You get the idea...how was it impossible?
Tue 17/02/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
GasMask wrote:
> The Beckham half way goal.

This is not the besy goal ever, and not even Beckham's best either. This was a hit and hope. He thought it might go in but he didn't expect it too.

His best ever , and in my mind the best goal ever, was the free kick in the dying moments of the world cup qualifier in 2001 against greece. Not exactly the most specactulergoal but he was under so much pressure and doctors and scientists have reported that his kick of the ball was practically impossible to do.
Mon 16/02/04 at 19:23
Regular
"Notable"
AfroJoe wrote:
> AliBoy wrote:
> Mendieta (sp?) scored a class goal against Barcelona when he was
> still
> at Valencia.
>
> Corner was taken and he hit it on the volley from outside the box,
> curved into the top corner of the goal.
> Could watch that goal over and over.
>
> I agree - that was fantastic.
>

Oh my word. Just seen it before. How hard did he hit that?
Wed 28/01/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
The Beckham half way goal.

And a series of goals when Man U in the champ league came from behind to win. It was 0-1 and they won 2-1 or summet I cant remember!
Tue 27/01/04 at 13:38
Regular
Thing with Carlos though is that he misses with his shots/freekicks over 90% of the time. He's bound to score an amazing goal every few years just down to averages. But there is no denying the bend on that ball was a bit special.
Mon 26/01/04 at 18:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Bending a ball is one of those things some people just have a knack for. When I was younger and used to play footy with mates, I could score direct from corners quite often.

That Giggs goal was amazing, coming from an Arsenal fan that is impressive. But my own personal favourite has to be either the worlds fastest goal, from kick off, 3 seconds; or one scored by.. um... it was in a European match, it was an Italian club and the goal was an overhead kick from 40 yards out.
Mon 26/01/04 at 18:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
just a few words.

henry. highbury. man u. swivel-volley. BACK OF THE NET.

:D

technically brilliant. still remember it after years. thought i'd just remember neo and a few others.
Mon 26/01/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
How can we so-easily forget Roberto Carlos' halfway-around-the-world-and-back free-kick against France back in Le Tournoi of '97/98???

Absolutley incredible! He can bend a ball like no-one else!
How he did that, though... I still don't think anyone's quite managed to "suss" it...!

He hits the ball like there's no tommorow, but even with such an intense amount of power in the strike, it's incredible to think that a ball can bend like it did AND end-up between the 2 posts.

Maybe it was wind-assisted? But, I bet even gale-force winds would struggle to 'grab' one of Carlos' strikes!

I'd like to see him do it again, sometime... I doubt anyone else will ever be able to!
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Colourless"
Der Nazi wrote:
> That second one: One of thebest goals ever. Best ever scored in the
> Premiership

Twas in the FAmous Cup wasn't it?
Sun 25/01/04 at 12:26
Regular
DW wrote:
> I still remember when I scored with my sister.

*blush* I remember it too...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.