GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doesn't anyone see this is wrong?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 18:16
"slightlyshortertagl"
A teenage girl going out with someone 5 years her senior...

I now know 2 girls who are in a relationship with someone 5 years older than they are

15 year old girl - 20 years old guy
17 year old girl - 22 years old guy

In the second one they've gone the full way and the second... half-way there...

I see it just as 'wrong'

Am I alone?
Thu 22/01/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Light of the world"
I dont see the age gap as so much of a problem it is when the age gap is.

When their are two 'adults' that have a 6,7, 18 1/2 year gap it isnt bad at all... infact most married couples I can think of have an age gap.

But when it is a 'child' or 'teenager' it is rather different. Some guys/girls may think they are far more grown up than they actually are and I think that a forteen or fifteen year old girl going out with a man in his twenties it quite sick. It is the sort of age if he was to have a little sister and friends that have done so - feel 'cool' yet pressured to do things they thought they were ready for until they do them.

A grown man at work or at uni going for a girl that isnt old enough to legally leave school is different from a man five years older than a women in later stages of life.

Me thinks..
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
25 - 30? Fine.

13-18?

Nooo way.

In that case I should appeal to 12yr olds.

No thanks.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
17 and 22 isn't really that bad. That's top year Sixth Form and someone who's just out of Uni. Nothing wrong with that one, it's all legal.

17 and 12 is bad.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Light of the world"
oo ooo what about this one

14 and a 17... sexually intimate

That one is more realistic and more common surely - views?
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If the girl is the younger, then it's illegal...and..

Well, at these ages people are changing so fast. At 20+ etc it's cool because people aren't so different if a few years apart. However, 14-17 is a bit odd because of the difference in developments, not jsut physically but emotionally as well.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:46
Regular
"You fail in life!"
I think that as long as they are over 16 and mentally as well as physically mature then thats fine, each to their own.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:51
Regular
"Not a Jew"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> In the second one they've gone the full way and the second...
> half-way there...
>
> I see it just as 'wrong'

I agree. Fix it.
Thu 22/01/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Lil Ginge wrote:
> 14 and a 17... sexually intimate

Depends.

You get 14 year olds who look about 10 or 14 year olds who look 18.

Some people mature quicker than others. Although it's legally wrong, some people are 'ready' at 14.

It's when 11 year olds get preggers, then you've got to think!
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:00
Regular
"You fail in life!"
phi11ip wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> 14 and a 17... sexually intimate
>
> Depends.
>
> You get 14 year olds who look about 10 or 14 year olds who look 18.
>
> Some people mature quicker than others. Although it's legally wrong,
> some people are 'ready' at 14.

Are they mentally 'ready' or physically 'raedy', the both are integral on order for any sort of relationship to proceed to the 'next level'.
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Light of the world"
Well to be honest I am very mature yet physically I would not have been ready at that age - I am little

But even so girls dont develope fully until they are 16-17 n most cases which is why firls younger often harm themselves and have difficulties later in life.

I think both are necassary - emotional scarring can hurt just as much.. and long term

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.