GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm not allowed within 100m of a virgin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
...megastore, because I keep spending all my money on CDs and DVDs. I completed my Supergrass collection by buying their first two albums (I only had copies), and got the only Beck album I'm missing (Mellow Gold). Next up, Gold Soundz to complete my Pavement collection. I've only had my student loan a week and I've already spent £100 on various media that I've had queued up for months.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:06
Regular
"Selected"
*chanting*

TWIST TWIST TWIST
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
P@sta and Bor@t, you're both missing the point - students should be saving, it's a lot of money to pay back. But in my cse I'd been saving my money for ages for some other things, and I finally had some free (from various sources) to buy some CDs and DVDs that I'd been wanting for ages. In a way it's true that it is your money, to spend on whatever you want, but within reason.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:11
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
...However Borat it also ment that until I got paid that month I was eating beans on toast...

Average earnings from work for me a month whilst at Uni..

£320

30 days supply of baked beans @ 12p a can = £3.60
30 days supply of Bread @ 24p a loaf = £1.92
30 days supply of Butter = 99p
30 days supply of Marmite = £4.97

Total spent on food over month = £11.97
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Monkey, if your worried about the debt after you've got your degree, don't it's really not that bad.

For a start, your never forced to pay lump sums back (unless you want to)

Also, you never really miss it as it comes straight from your pay packet, so its gone before its in your bank account.

I pay back £20 a month at the moment, and the debts reducing.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
Well, I've had various poxy part time jobs that just haven't suited my lifestyle. I mean, working 3 nights a week at kwik save doesn't come close to paying for my bi-monthly trips to the south of france, and just last week I had to flag down a taxi, as my chauffeur wasn't happy with the tips he was getting.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
P@st@ wrote:
> Monkey, if your worried about the debt after you've got your degree,
> don't it's really not that bad.

I never said I was!
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
monkey_man wrote:
> P@sta and Bor@t, you're both missing the point - students should be
> saving, it's a lot of money to pay back. But in my cse I'd been
> saving my money for ages for some other things, and I finally had
> some free (from various sources) to buy some CDs and DVDs that I'd
> been wanting for ages. In a way it's true that it is your money, to
> spend on whatever you want, but within reason.

Unless they don't plan on ever getting a job that pays over the limit where they start taking loan payments back. Then they're living for free!
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:23
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
monkey_man wrote:
>
> I never said I was!

Then why the preaching about saving. Yes, I did get caught out during uni with unexpected expenses (To site two, a retainer for my house and a new pair of glasses after I drunkenly fell off of the bed onto them).

Most of my friuends did get into debt with credit card companies, I left Uni with a single £50 overdraft (swiftly paid off I may add). It sounds as if your a sensible guy who won't spend money he hasn't got, rather than saving.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
Paradox: wrote:
>
> Unless they don't plan on ever getting a job that pays over the limit
> where they start taking loan payments back. Then they're living for
> free!

Unfortunatly, even my apprenticeship pays over that limit (£10,500), although I can handle £20 a month...
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:24
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Unless they don't plan on ever getting a job that pays over the limit
> where they start taking loan payments back. Then they're living for
> free!

And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids ....

I believe if you leave the country for 10 years, the slate is wiped clean. So when bill gates rings me later this year to offer me the position of 'Vice President', it'll be a case of 'So Long Suckers!'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.