GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm not allowed within 100m of a virgin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
...megastore, because I keep spending all my money on CDs and DVDs. I completed my Supergrass collection by buying their first two albums (I only had copies), and got the only Beck album I'm missing (Mellow Gold). Next up, Gold Soundz to complete my Pavement collection. I've only had my student loan a week and I've already spent £100 on various media that I've had queued up for months.
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Light of the world"
The title is pure genius...

and probably true
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> And I haven't bought anything
> (literally nothing, not even a pint) for about 3 months because I've
> been careful with my money.
>
>
> monkey_man wrote:
> I've only had my student loan a week and I've already spent
> £100 on various media that I've had queued up for months.

I'm looking, but I can't see your point?
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> The title is pure genius...
>
>
> and probably true

Yeah, stupid laws...
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:43
"Darkness, always"
monkey_man wrote:
> I'm looking, but I can't see your point?

*sigh*

You say you haven't spent any money in the last three months, and yet have spent over £100 in the last week.

As for your claim that I don't know your financial situation, attempting to claim that you've been so tight with money in recent times tells me all I need to know about your curent situation.

And telling me that you've been scrimping the pennies, only to waste money given to you to help educate you on popular media you don't require hardly makes your case sound any more clever.
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:46
Regular
mikelar wrote:
> bahahaha...
>
> *carelessly spends more student loan on gingerbread men at Greggs (4
> for £1.20)*

how do you sleep at night?
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I wasn't trying to make a case or anything. If I had the money at the time, I would have bought this lot seperately, but now I've got what I needed, it's time to not spend any more on media for a while again. And it wasn't just the student loan I was waiting for - I have other sources of income that you don't have a clue about.
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:51
Regular
You don't really need to defend yourself monkey_man, you'll have to pay this all back some day, it's not as though you are getting it free of charge. It's a loan, not a grant.

When I leave Uni I'll owe nearly 13 grand. Quite a bit of that has been spent on getting lashed, buying hardware for my computer, even a gym membership. But you have to remember that in all that time, I wasn't working, so essentially, what was left of my loan, after I'd paid my tuition fees, was my income.

I don't feel guilty about it, especially as when I finish Uni this summer, and start to work for a living payments will immediately start, and will last for many years.

It's not a freebie.
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> You don't really need to defend yourself monkey_man,

Heh, I'm not. It's funny because IB seems to be getting wound up at the thought of student who has money that isn't a student loan! So I could twist the mutha some more, or I could just leave the thread, smug in the knowledge that I'm very sensible with my money, and he doesn't have a clue.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
On your side Monkey Man - Did 1 year at Uni and found out I couldn't afford it.

Within two days of getting there I was working night shifts at Tesco because my loan was pant's (£2,200) and I don't want to scrimp off of my parents.

When my loans did come thorugh I paid most of my tuition and accomodation fees, so why shouldn't I spend the rest of the loan on a widescreen telly?
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:04
Regular
P@st@ wrote:
> When my loans did come thorugh I paid most of my tuition and
> accomodation fees, so why shouldn't I spend the rest of the loan on a
> widescreen telly?

my sentiments exactly. Why should I live like a pov just because I want to gain further qualifications?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.