GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm not allowed within 100m of a virgin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
...megastore, because I keep spending all my money on CDs and DVDs. I completed my Supergrass collection by buying their first two albums (I only had copies), and got the only Beck album I'm missing (Mellow Gold). Next up, Gold Soundz to complete my Pavement collection. I've only had my student loan a week and I've already spent £100 on various media that I've had queued up for months.
Sun 25/01/04 at 00:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ive had to really clamp down on my spending with regards to my student loan, ive spent about 400 of it in 3 months. Ive decided to restrain myself and invest the rest in Marconi shares. When the time is right of course.
Sat 24/01/04 at 21:03
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm working, but am yet to get paid so I have no money. I recently bought a DVD player, a fair few DVDs, a GameCube (gave my brother the money to order it, since I don't have a credit card right now) and some other expensive stuff which I can't even remember.

Today I went into Virgin just to browse, waste some time - ended up getting 4 DVDs (Antz, Spaceballs, Backdraft and Starship Troopers, which I already have on video, but the quality is crap [our old VCR chewed parts of it up] and it was only 6 quid) and on Monday I have to buy a thingy so I don't have to keep switching the wires from my PS2 to my X-Box to my DVD player to my GC, which will set me back 20 quid. Would've got it today, but Argos was heaving, and if I go Monday before work, it'll be empty.

I can't go into Virgin or HMV without coming out poorer...
Sat 24/01/04 at 15:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There's even a company called Purple Loans - maybe that's where she got the money from, and they stipulated that everything she bought had to be purple. Implausible, but not impossible.
Fri 23/01/04 at 22:26
"period drama"
There are purple cows?
Now there's something to waste your loan on.
Fri 23/01/04 at 15:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There was a woman in the Guardian yesterday who got her £1000 student loan and went out and bought a £300 leather jacket straight away. And guess what?

IT WAS PURPLE.

Then she said, "It's alright, I love it. But you should spend your money wisely." Gimp.
Fri 23/01/04 at 03:39
"I love yo... lamp."
monkey_man wrote:
> ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> You don't really need to defend yourself monkey_man,
>
> Heh, I'm not. It's funny because IB seems to be getting wound up at
> the thought of student who has money that isn't a student loan!

He can't help it, he is an accountant or something. He probably breaks out in a nervous twitch at the thought of having to tip a barman.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:34
I'm not, though it has to be said that once you graduate, many jobs start around and in some cases below the £15k; only afgter a few years do you start to earn a reasonable salary.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:24
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If you were happy with 15K a year then your wasting your time going to University because you can get most of those jobs with A Levels alone, or GCSEs, or just reasonable intelligence.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:06
For those earning on or just above £15k, wouldn't it make sense to just ask the boss for a wage below £15k, to avoid paying back the loan. Less tax to pay too, and other fees.

Of course, this would only work if the salary was close to it.
Wed 21/01/04 at 16:24
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Unless they don't plan on ever getting a job that pays over the limit
> where they start taking loan payments back. Then they're living for
> free!

And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids ....

I believe if you leave the country for 10 years, the slate is wiped clean. So when bill gates rings me later this year to offer me the position of 'Vice President', it'll be a case of 'So Long Suckers!'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.