GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Wish Me Luck - 'Tis for Charity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Yep.
I'm doing a cycling thing for a couple of charities in an hour and a half or so - Cancer Scotland, and one that I'm not even going to bother attempting to write, as it's named after its founder. Who was Czechoslovakian. Oh, and it's a war veteran charity.

It's roughly 7-15 miles or so, and there's a lot of flat, so it'll be a really good opportunity to push myself like hell. And it's a good chance to see what this new bike is made of - I haven't really used it since I got it a couple of months ago. I'll also need to duck-tape/glue/6-inch nail down my speedo, as the blimmin' clips are broken, and it keeps falling off.

Thing is, though, is that the ground is still wet from last nights concoction of wonderful weather. The sun is out just now though, so hoepfully it'll dry up a bit.

There's roughly 20 or so doing it, and a few are professional cyclists for the Scottish Borders team. So that's lovely. But my mates were reluctant to do it with me - so reluctant that they aren't. Damn them. Ah well, just means more silence to concentrate. And stuff.
Everybody's starting at different times I think, as not to clog up the road.

If I'm not back in say, at least 10 hours, assume the worst. Then party probably.

Oh, and someone tape Roma vs Sampdoria on Eurosport at 2pm for me.
Ta.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:59
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> No.
>
> If you're so uptight about us 'torturing' animals and hurting them,
> then why aren't you out there giving lions lectures and telling them
> to stop killing other animals?

Because as I have said although I am strongly opinionated about it I have no real influence to the world around me. What chance does a 16 year old student have at changing the world? All I can do now is try and make others see that some things in the world are wrong. Unfortunately people like you have a severely apathetic attitude towards the subject.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
No.

If you're so uptight about us 'torturing' animals and hurting them, then why aren't you out there giving lions lectures and telling them to stop killing other animals?
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:56
Regular
"hotter"
Azul wrote:
> Lead Ex wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> Lead Ex wrote:
> Good luck Azul, hope you do well in the races.
>
> It's not a race.
>
> Sorry, well give it your best anyway.
>
> Heh, just because it's not a race, doesn't mean I won't be treating
> it as one.
> :-D

lol What ever you do it will be for a good course so good for you.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Cubist V.2 wrote:
> I mean for gods sake
> what makes us such great and important life forms compared to that
> of
> animals
>
> If we're not meant to be in this position.. we wouldn't be.

Just because we can kill animals for our benefit doesn't make it right you narrow minded person. Some things should change but it seems that people like you still feel superior to the lives of thousands of animals that have been butchered, tortured and injected with substances just to see how much it would hurt. Did you know that some scientists used to put acid on the skin of animals just to see how long it would take for the skin to heal? Just because we can do it doesn't mean we should especially with all the alternatives open to us.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Lead Ex wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> Lead Ex wrote:
>
> It's not a race.
>
> Sorry, well give it your best anyway.

Heh, just because it's not a race, doesn't mean I won't be treating it as one.
:-D
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:51
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Azul wrote:
> Cubist V.2 wrote:
> I do dissaprove of is when people get diseases like Cancer and
> Leukemia suddenly they think the world revolves around them and that
> their lives are significant compared to that of the hundreds of
> thousands of animals that have suffered and died over the years
> giving innacurate and inconclusive results.
> ***
>
> I really just cannot get over this comment, I'm sorry.

You're problem not mine. It's my belief that it is wrong, end of story.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:49
"slightlyshortertagl"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
> I mean for gods sake
> what makes us such great and important life forms compared to that of
> animals

If we're not meant to be in this position.. we wouldn't be.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:49
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Ah yes, the people who are dieing are less important than the animals
> that have died before.
>
> That's what you're saying... Right?

I'm not saying either is more important what I'm saying is we think we are more important which I believe is wrong. I mean for gods sake what makes us such great and important life forms compared to that of animals? It sure as hell isn't our humality.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:48
Regular
"hotter"
Azul wrote:
> Lead Ex wrote:
>
> It's not a race.

Sorry, well give it your best anyway.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:47
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cubist V.2 wrote:
I do dissaprove of is when people get diseases like Cancer and Leukemia suddenly they think the world revolves around them and that their lives are significant compared to that of the hundreds of thousands of animals that have suffered and died over the years giving innacurate and inconclusive results.

I really just cannot get over this comment, I'm sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.