GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goodbye LEEDS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 18:06
Regular
Is this really the end of one of the premierships most respected football clubs?
Fri 30/01/04 at 12:11
Regular
Leeds_United_4ever wrote:
> sim monkey man wrote:
> Alan Smith is incredibly rude, well i guess they all are but he
> threw
> a bottle to someone in the Liverpool crowd and it hit the fan in the
> face inguring he/she slightly.
>
> It was the man u fans...shows how much you care.

It hit his friend's GF as well.

Leeds saved by Man United... oh the IRONY!
Fri 30/01/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, apparently, Leeds will be alright until the end of the season, now that they've managed to find the £5m needed by 5pm today - plus, an extra £500,000, also.

An astonishing £3m came from the 25% deferal of player's wages; another £1.5m from the final-installment of Rio Ferdinand's transfer fee and an extra £1m from ex-managers (Venables, Reid and O'Leary) agreeing to defer payments of the money they are still owed.

Good news, then (or so it seems...).

I wonder what's happened to the money ex-players like Fowler and Dacourt are owed... Did they just say 'No' to a deferal, or do Leeds still owe it to them anyway?

Unless the right buyer is found, they're not going to neccesarily `avoid“ this kind of trouble in the summer. The debts are only gonna mount-up again. Why haven't they just asked them to cancel all payments, instead of to simply recieve them at a later-date?? It's not like these guys aren't already wealthy-enough! Why can't THEY give something back, instead?!?

Better yet, what if everyone, who wanted to, were to donate a pound... If several-million were to donate at least £1 each, Leeds would easily have had the £5m they needed, anyway.
Wed 28/01/04 at 22:06
"Darkness, always"
Actually, it was the Leeds fans.
Wed 28/01/04 at 20:48
"Sony/PS2/Best"
sim monkey man wrote:
> Alan Smith is incredibly rude, well i guess they all are but he threw

It was the man u fans...shows how much you care.
Wed 28/01/04 at 20:46
"Sony/PS2/Best"
I rememba the good old days...Champions League, beating Milan, Semi-Finals

*Wipes away tear*

We will survive as long as we have weetabix......lol
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Another Monday, another chance for Leeds to fall into administration...

However, while Trevor Birch has said Leeds WON'T be selling anyone before the transfer windo deadline this weekend, he is thought to be considering a £20m takeover bid from some "Yorkshire Businessmen".

It ain't the Sheikh, but are they Allan Leighton and co.? We just don't know yet... However, £20m would certainly be enough to keep the club going until the summer, at least.

So (providing all goes-well), maybe it isn't quite time to be saying "Goodbye" to Leeds United, yet, after all, then...?

If anyone else really wants the club that-badly, it seems they'll just have to act fast, NOW, or else, risk missing-out altogether.

:)
Fri 23/01/04 at 19:52
"R.I.P Acestar"
ok maybe their not GOOD but they're the Premiership regulars.Well maybe not Sunderland but West Ham, Tottenham and Leeds.
Fri 23/01/04 at 10:48
"Darkness, always"
sim monkey man wrote:
> all the good teams are going down...West Ham,Leeds and Sunderland.
> the premiership is changing....

Err... West Ham were never a "good team", Leeds only became good after spending huge amounts of money on players, which they then had to sell off when they realised that £100 million loans have to be paid off, dropping them back into the mire of mediocrity. Oh they were ok before - they won the last season of the old first division - but they've always lacked a sense of business acumen (I mean come on, Cantona helps you win the title, so who do you sell him to? Your biggest rivals? CLEVER!)

As for sunderland? They've never been good. They had one good player 3-4 years ago in Kevin Phillips, but one man a team does not make.
Fri 23/01/04 at 09:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I hate to admit it, but I think Leeds have had it.

They only need £5m to survive until the end of the season, but, no matter how-small a fee it may be to some, it isn't as easy for a club like Leeds to find, when they really need to hang-on to ALL of their money-making assets.

Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Paul Robinson and even Elland Road...
If they were to lose any-one of those, things would become a lot worse, so-quickly! So-bad, perhaps, the £5m they need would still not be `enough“ at a later-date in the season...

Giving-away is not the answer when you need all you can get. However, the idea of decreasing players' wages and cancelling "excess" loan-deals is a very good one. It's a shame, though, that even players from die-hard Leeds United are getting all hot-tempered over "a couple of grand" lost when they'd still earn about 3-times-as-much!

Good to see Dominic Matteo speak-up, as Captain; but I can't believe players like David Batty are so against this idea...
I mean, if they can get this to work, and it does save the club (like with Leicester), just think of what kind of message it could send to everyone else....

Spurs have some cheek, though. Trying to nab Paul Robinson AND James Milner for only £5m... Yeah, right!! It's not like it'd be much of a "step-up" for any Leeds player, going to White Hart Lane, anyway!
If they really need another 'keeper so-badly, I'm sure Chelski would be able to spare at least ONE of the 20-odd "squad-number-fillers" Ranieri has signed since Abramovich arrived!

I just cannot see them avoiding the drop, though. I mean, they've let WOLVES move above them within the last fortnight - that can't be good for team morale! :(
Thu 22/01/04 at 22:39
Regular
sim monkey man wrote:
> Alan Smith is incredibly rude, well i guess they all are but he threw

Well they are going through alot...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.