GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Innovative films and why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 13:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was just wondering what you would all define as the best, most exciting,innovative films of our time are and why? I am doing an excerise a small article for a website and need to get the opinions of the general public otherwise I am just being bias to my own opinions. My top 5 would have to be though, in no particular order:

> The Matrix - For it's use of Bullet Time technology, a huge leap in the field of special effects for the cinema industry. Also the lobby scene was one like no-one had ever seen before. Finally through challenging our very perceptions of the world around us and for being the first film since The Terminator to question what progress is good progress.

> The Terminator - For pioneering the exo-skeleton model puppet used within the film to show the terminator's sinister structure walking out of what looks like the flames of hell. Another massive advance in the field of cinema effects.

> Star Wars : New Hope - Simply for a being a film that was larger than life. This immensley popular film has been digitally re-mastered and had the saga continued all because of the success of this. Truly an amazing film of our time.

> Braveheart - This has to be the most inspiring and emotional film I have seen in my life including the heart breaking roller coaster ride film Titanic.

> Gorillas In The Mist - Another amazingly inspirational story based entirely upon the lifes work of the famous primatologist Dian Fossey. She was truly a remarkable woman and Sigourney Weaver definitely does her justice in this amazing film.

I must say though that it was hard to choose especially considering I had the choice to include one of the many Hitchock or Tarantino films which are simply amazing films by amazing directors.

What are your top 5 though? :D
Sat 17/01/04 at 22:18
Regular
"None Stored"
I was the 2nd best film of last year, but it wasnt THAT good ;)
Sat 17/01/04 at 18:33
Regular
oldmanfunk wrote:
> Can't be bothered giving reasons:
>
> (In no order)
>
> Aliens
> Pulp Fiction
> Kill Bill
> Desperado
> Taxi Driver

No transporter?
Sat 17/01/04 at 15:42
Regular
The Matrix, for obvious Reasons
Terminator (2) the FX were amazing, and started awhole new era ofFX
Back to te future part 2 for the interaction with himself in different costumes (Think of when he plays himself as many parts) as I can't think of any older films doing the same
Star Wars had a lot of special FX too, considering it's 30 years old...

That's all I can think of that I've seen, your list turned from somewhat of "Innovative" to "What I like best"
Sat 17/01/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
no film innovation list should ever be without citizen kane,the techniques used revolutionised the way films were made.i would also add the matrix and final fantasy:the spirits within. it was a crap film but was technically impresive
Sat 17/01/04 at 08:01
Regular
The Blues Brothers!

"You stood me up for our wedding, for which my whole family was in attendance"

"No, I didn't. Honest. I ran out of gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

no particular reason I put that in, I just love that quote!
Fri 16/01/04 at 23:19
Regular
Yeah, you've gotta mention The Matrix.
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:43
Regular
"None Stored"
Kill Bill should be treated as art.
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:29
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
oldmanfunk wrote:
> Kill Bill

yes a big fat retro piece of willy waving self serving b-movie split into 2 parts to make more money sure is innovative

just like all those 70s kung fu films it's copied from
Fri 16/01/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Se7en
Kevin Spacey purposely withdrew his name from the posters because halfway through the film when he hadn't actually appeared, the audience would know that he's the killer and it would ruin the surprise.

The Usual Suspects
Just brilliant. One minute he's a gimp, next he's walking normally. Well told story with an excellent cast.

Evil Dead
Horror on a budget - redefined B-Movies by actually being good!

Evil Dead 2
They didn't ruin it by having a budget!

Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3)
The most ass-kicking film ever - I dare you not to like it.

"You got a little something on your face"
*shovels mud on evil twin's decapitaded head*
Fri 16/01/04 at 21:10
Regular
"None Stored"
Can't be bothered giving reasons:

(In no order)

Aliens
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Desperado
Taxi Driver

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.