GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5 Innovative films and why?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/01/04 at 13:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was just wondering what you would all define as the best, most exciting,innovative films of our time are and why? I am doing an excerise a small article for a website and need to get the opinions of the general public otherwise I am just being bias to my own opinions. My top 5 would have to be though, in no particular order:

> The Matrix - For it's use of Bullet Time technology, a huge leap in the field of special effects for the cinema industry. Also the lobby scene was one like no-one had ever seen before. Finally through challenging our very perceptions of the world around us and for being the first film since The Terminator to question what progress is good progress.

> The Terminator - For pioneering the exo-skeleton model puppet used within the film to show the terminator's sinister structure walking out of what looks like the flames of hell. Another massive advance in the field of cinema effects.

> Star Wars : New Hope - Simply for a being a film that was larger than life. This immensley popular film has been digitally re-mastered and had the saga continued all because of the success of this. Truly an amazing film of our time.

> Braveheart - This has to be the most inspiring and emotional film I have seen in my life including the heart breaking roller coaster ride film Titanic.

> Gorillas In The Mist - Another amazingly inspirational story based entirely upon the lifes work of the famous primatologist Dian Fossey. She was truly a remarkable woman and Sigourney Weaver definitely does her justice in this amazing film.

I must say though that it was hard to choose especially considering I had the choice to include one of the many Hitchock or Tarantino films which are simply amazing films by amazing directors.

What are your top 5 though? :D
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:50
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was just wondering what you would all define as the best, most exciting,innovative films of our time are and why? I am doing an excerise a small article for a website and need to get the opinions of the general public otherwise I am just being bias to my own opinions. My top 5 would have to be though, in no particular order:

> The Matrix - For it's use of Bullet Time technology, a huge leap in the field of special effects for the cinema industry. Also the lobby scene was one like no-one had ever seen before. Finally through challenging our very perceptions of the world around us and for being the first film since The Terminator to question what progress is good progress.

> The Terminator - For pioneering the exo-skeleton model puppet used within the film to show the terminator's sinister structure walking out of what looks like the flames of hell. Another massive advance in the field of cinema effects.

> Star Wars : New Hope - Simply for a being a film that was larger than life. This immensley popular film has been digitally re-mastered and had the saga continued all because of the success of this. Truly an amazing film of our time.

> Braveheart - This has to be the most inspiring and emotional film I have seen in my life including the heart breaking roller coaster ride film Titanic.

> Gorillas In The Mist - Another amazingly inspirational story based entirely upon the lifes work of the famous primatologist Dian Fossey. She was truly a remarkable woman and Sigourney Weaver definitely does her justice in this amazing film.

I must say though that it was hard to choose especially considering I had the choice to include one of the many Hitchock or Tarantino films which are simply amazing films by amazing directors.

What are your top 5 though? :D
Fri 16/01/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Teal'c"
Certainly not Braveheart, Matrix or, ahem, Gorillas In The Mist.

I don’t know what I like, but I know what I hate.

I thought Braveheart was absolute toss.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Braveheart, toss? *shakes head* You are blind to the greatness of this brilliant film. I'm sure it is one of the best films of our time. I think I heard that it was one of the most successfull films ever for quite a while although of course LOTR has humped a lot of films on that list.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:04
Regular
"That's right!"
Cubist is Scottish, you can see why he would love it. Personally, I found it decent, but it was historically inaccurate almost to the point of being offensive to the English.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:05
Regular
"Colourless"
Agent Cody Banks - For the use of Hilary Duff

:P
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:20
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Cubist is Scottish, you can see why he would love it. Personally, I
> found it decent, but it was historically inaccurate almost to the
> point of being offensive to the English.

Yeh...emm so you're saying we didn't beat the English for our independance lol? Insane. Why don't you go and be grumpy about another film in which the English lose a war? Like Joan Of Arc? Same deal just you got beaten by the French.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I don't know what's worse, the fact that you think Braveheart was innovative or that you thought Titanic was good too.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:40
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Read the top, they don't have to be innovative. They can just be exciting or maybe just even your favourite. That falls under exciting with all the gory battles. Titanic was just great in my opinion:D
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:41
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Note I didn't but it in the list as one of the best though. It aint that good heh.
Fri 16/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Cubicle wrote:
> Read the top, they don't have to be innovative.

Cubicle also wrote:
> I was just wondering what you would all define as the best, most exciting,innovative films of our time are and why?

:-\

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.