GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 Loading Times"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
I got up this morning at 7am ready to go to work at 8am, the post arrived at about 7:05. Opened the package to find ZOE ran to my PS2 and whacked in the MGS2 demo. I waited and waited after what seemed like forever the title screen appeared(Around 5 mins). Clicked New game seleceted Very Easy(Iam a Wimp) and was ready to by amazed. 5 Mins later the intro , I thought I havent got time lets get to the game, so I skipped the intro, 10 mins later I get to the conversion throught the radio, why did it take 10 mins to get to sme words. This went on entil I got to the bit when you see him looking through the binoculars the next bit was loading up. I had to turn it off because I was going to be late for work. I spent 35 mins in front of the PS2 waiting for the game to load and get to the action. What is wrong, if the game is like this you will get a cut scene saying " We will come back in 3 hours" and then it will load up and 3 hours later you will be playing the game.
I still havent played MGS2 again it better not do it again, is any one else having the same thing or is it my copy or machine.
Sun 25/03/01 at 16:53
Regular
30 mins loading huh? Not even with more ram in that machine!
Sun 25/03/01 at 15:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
Finally got around to playing Z O E - I like it a lot, its a great game. Only got to the first boss though before being destroyed, will play it properly later. I like the way the game handles and the camera is always spot on with the action. Been a bit spoilt for choice this week with Starfighter and all!! Exciting times to be a PS2 owner!!
Sun 25/03/01 at 14:22
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
This is the number I phoned 08705 998877.

After a loading time of 3 hours I got to the bit where snake put his hand to his hear and then it froze. Still have not been able to play the game.

If you have a problem with your disk contact Sony, as they said that they where putting my name on a list. Hopefully this means that when they sort the problem out they will send me a new one.
Sun 25/03/01 at 14:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ZOE is a great game, I have only got to the first save point but so far it is amazing. Easy to control, great game play e.t.c worth the purchase even without the all important MGS2 demo. I wish that I had a good demo which loaded not one which made the PS2 sound as if it was dieing from a computer form of a heart attack. You may think "hey whats a loading time wait of about 30 mins altogether in you can play MGS2" but with the sound coming from the PS2 I would even dare it even if the winning numbers for next weeks lottery was on it, well I would for that but not much else.

From what I have seen of MGS2 when it did load up, was breath taking , this will be the best game ever. The foot prints that are left, the snoring of the guards the ability to drag the guards, e.t.c. I havent seen much of the demo, but if the full game is like this the whole way through then it will be good, unless you get a dodgy copy that wont load.

I am here hoping that Sony will get off there back behind and send some working copies of the demos to the people who got the bad batch, and maybe a little freebie for us :)

Viper1956 please can you post any information you get from Sony on the Board. I tried to look for a number in the PS2 manual but there wasnt any, I might have a look on the website now to see if theres one. What about the phone numbers in the back of game manuals will that get me to Sony?
Sun 25/03/01 at 12:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Still havent played Z.O.E yet, will do later though - I cant get over the MGS2 demo. Although it can be finished in about twenty minutes, I have just spent hours walking around looking at every last detail. The bar area and storage room in particular are my favourite places. Just about anything and everything can be shoot or destroyed in some way. Melons, bottles, glasses, magazines, bags of flour, its just so incredible. I love the way the glass window in front of the bar shatters. The enemy AI is something else, most noticably when you hide in a locker or under the table in the storage room. The way they hunt you down is too realistic for a video game!! The one thing that impressed me most was the weather effects on the deck of the ship - Ive never seen anything quite like it, it almost makes you cold just looking at it!! This game is without doubt going to be the best thing ever!!!
Sun 25/03/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
What is the number for Sony as I want to ring them up to try to get them to get me another. The more people that phone up the better and quicker they should act.
Sun 25/03/01 at 09:13
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have actually got the game to load up , after having it freeze on me in a cut scene. It is a amazing game , I like shooting the bottles, and melons in the little storage room. Of course I did that walk out straight into the laser trip wires, which scared the crap out of me. I could'nt be bothered about playing it again as even though its one of the best games ever. Waiting 20-30 mins for the playable section to come up while the PS2 is making sounds like a aircraft engine doesnt seem good enough. I hope Sony can send out new demos to the unforturnate who got the faulty disks as I was really looking forward to playing this game alot but with these loading times I aint going to bother as it will take too much time.
Sat 24/03/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Top Gun"
There has to be something wrong wit some of the demos then as mine has no loading time at all, theres about a 1 second gap between Cutscenes. i havent played Z.O.E yet but have had only 1 hour to play on my PS2 today, in whihc i completed MGS2 twice. i love putting enemies in Lockers and throwing them over board. basically the game Rulz and so does PS2.
Sat 24/03/01 at 22:54
"High polygon count"
There must be an issue with some of the demo discs.

Got mine today, and everything is fine. No major loading times, no funny noises from the PS2, and one HELL of a good game!
Sat 24/03/01 at 20:36
MGS2 is amazing. The attention to detail is awesome. Ok, try this, in the lounge area of the boat, go behind the bar, as you look towards the stairs you see a small tin cannister in front of you. If you shoot it, small ice cubes come out, they look almost real! Has anyone else noticed that the buttons are pressure sensitive too, if you climb into a locker, and you press the look button too fast/hard, then you can hear snake hit his head on the door. I loved the rain effects aswell. Then there was the tranquilizer gun, and shoving the guy in the locker. The game is going to be amazing.

Has anyone actually played Zone of Enders yet? That's pretty good too, the fights are so cinematic. The game ain't too long though, completed it already. I have no social life!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.