GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 Loading Times"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
I got up this morning at 7am ready to go to work at 8am, the post arrived at about 7:05. Opened the package to find ZOE ran to my PS2 and whacked in the MGS2 demo. I waited and waited after what seemed like forever the title screen appeared(Around 5 mins). Clicked New game seleceted Very Easy(Iam a Wimp) and was ready to by amazed. 5 Mins later the intro , I thought I havent got time lets get to the game, so I skipped the intro, 10 mins later I get to the conversion throught the radio, why did it take 10 mins to get to sme words. This went on entil I got to the bit when you see him looking through the binoculars the next bit was loading up. I had to turn it off because I was going to be late for work. I spent 35 mins in front of the PS2 waiting for the game to load and get to the action. What is wrong, if the game is like this you will get a cut scene saying " We will come back in 3 hours" and then it will load up and 3 hours later you will be playing the game.
I still havent played MGS2 again it better not do it again, is any one else having the same thing or is it my copy or machine.
Wed 28/03/01 at 09:20
"High polygon count"
> Ahh yes, in MGS2, how do you throw the
> guard off the ship???

See the thread 'MGS2 - how do you kill yours?'
Wed 28/03/01 at 01:27
I would firstly like to say:
What brilliant graphics! I now know why all of you was going on about how good all of the graphics were, and you are all correct! I don't think that I have ever seen a game with this level of detail in it. It is the best PS2 game that I have ver seen so far, and if this is a taste of things to come, then the PS2 lives on!!!

MGS2 Pre-Order I am seriously thinking about, especially when it is going to be released by Christmas, it will save me standing outside the shop waiting to get a cope for myself.

I did not get much of a chance to play Zone Of The Enders, but from when I rented it I could see the graphics were great, so I am looking forward to playing both of these - in detail - tomorrow after I get off work!

Ahh yes, in MGS2, how do you throw the guard off the ship???
Tue 27/03/01 at 22:07
Thanks for the info on this game and the cheapest place, but I eventually went to my local as I had some games to trade in which got me some money off, I was not really happy with the prices the games fetched (All PS1 games) but I suppose that's life, after the new console is out and everything. I have not had a chance to play anything yet, but I know I am in for a right treat, I never knew this game could be so good!
Tue 27/03/01 at 08:03
Regular
Chilled Maff

The service at Streets on Line is pretty good, normally receiving the goods within two days of ordering, depends whether the goods are in stock or not, you can pay extra for fast delivery if you want and you can track your order. You can of course bid at ebay for a copy as an alternative.

Whilst i am on i need to correct what i said before the price for the Summoner is £35.99 which it says is a reduction of £9 on RRP.

Hope this helps
Mon 26/03/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Sony rang me up while I was at school. My mum said that they wanted the Serial Number and Model Number of the PS2. As my mum didnt have the time to get the numbers , they said they would ring up at around 5:30 pm Iam still waiting(Joking) so hopefully they'll ring back tommorow or if not I will ring them. They need to know the numbers before they send a copy out. So if any one hasnt heard from Sony then get the numbers ready in case they phone and ask for them.
Mon 26/03/01 at 21:51
Thanks for that! How long does it take to arrive? It is a very good price, but does that mean that it take a long time to arrive, or is the service quick as well???

I have not seen a smaller price than that, the cheapest I saw was £33.99.

Has anyone else managed to find a cheaper price than £31.99? It seems impossible, but maybe it isn't?

Mon 26/03/01 at 08:14
Regular
Chilled Maff

The cheapest place that i have seen ZOE is streetsonline at £31.99 (inc postage), they have Starfigher at £35.99 and a number of others for preorder including Quake III and The Summoner at £31.99.

Hope that helps
Mon 26/03/01 at 01:56
I had to return the ZOE that I rented from Blockbusters today! :-( I really enjoyed what I was able to play. I managed to get to the bit where you have to destroy the 2 satellite dishes after destroying the shaft. How far in the game did I manage to complete?

After that game I decided that I want to buy it, but as I got my Toshiba Widescreen I will have to wait until the 18th when I next get paid. It is a shame the Rental did not come with the Demo of MGS 2, but I do not blame them as they might find that the Demo's get nicked, but I can't wait to buy it as everything in that game was excellent! At last a glimpse of things to come when the games get even better!!!

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy ZOE???
Sun 25/03/01 at 22:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have phoned Sony , they took my name, address and phone number. Hopefully they will get back to me pretty soon. If anybody else contacted Sony when they do give you any information then if we post it in this board some where then other people with the same problem will know whether Sony should be contacting them soon, just incase Sony dont bother to contact some of the people on the list.
Sun 25/03/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Thanx Viper1956, I will do that now. I hope they can dispatch the demo quickly, as the last time Sony sent me the demo which you could send away for it took around 3 months when they said it would be a month.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.