GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 Loading Times"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
I got up this morning at 7am ready to go to work at 8am, the post arrived at about 7:05. Opened the package to find ZOE ran to my PS2 and whacked in the MGS2 demo. I waited and waited after what seemed like forever the title screen appeared(Around 5 mins). Clicked New game seleceted Very Easy(Iam a Wimp) and was ready to by amazed. 5 Mins later the intro , I thought I havent got time lets get to the game, so I skipped the intro, 10 mins later I get to the conversion throught the radio, why did it take 10 mins to get to sme words. This went on entil I got to the bit when you see him looking through the binoculars the next bit was loading up. I had to turn it off because I was going to be late for work. I spent 35 mins in front of the PS2 waiting for the game to load and get to the action. What is wrong, if the game is like this you will get a cut scene saying " We will come back in 3 hours" and then it will load up and 3 hours later you will be playing the game.
I still havent played MGS2 again it better not do it again, is any one else having the same thing or is it my copy or machine.
Sat 24/03/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I got up this morning at 7am ready to go to work at 8am, the post arrived at about 7:05. Opened the package to find ZOE ran to my PS2 and whacked in the MGS2 demo. I waited and waited after what seemed like forever the title screen appeared(Around 5 mins). Clicked New game seleceted Very Easy(Iam a Wimp) and was ready to by amazed. 5 Mins later the intro , I thought I havent got time lets get to the game, so I skipped the intro, 10 mins later I get to the conversion throught the radio, why did it take 10 mins to get to sme words. This went on entil I got to the bit when you see him looking through the binoculars the next bit was loading up. I had to turn it off because I was going to be late for work. I spent 35 mins in front of the PS2 waiting for the game to load and get to the action. What is wrong, if the game is like this you will get a cut scene saying " We will come back in 3 hours" and then it will load up and 3 hours later you will be playing the game.
I still havent played MGS2 again it better not do it again, is any one else having the same thing or is it my copy or machine.
Sat 24/03/01 at 17:49
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I put my MGS2 demo in, an hour later a screen came up and I chose new game, then the intro came on and 30 minuets after that I am still waiting! I got my machine on launch day and I am going to phone Sony and see what they say.
Sat 24/03/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I also got mine on launch day. Post a message on the board about what Sony say if you phone them please. I also had a problem with Timesplitters once where the Chinese level took ages to load,well longer than normal and it made a funny noise like the MGS2 demo does. The level came up all the writing was funny and I thought it was because I was on the chinese level. I tried to look at the objectives and it was all funny as well, so I reloaded the level and it was fine.
Also with MGS2 I was watching a cut scene and it was all jerky and a disc icon came up, has this happened to any one. I have a friend a work who also got the game and his copy is fine. If there is a bad batch I hope we can get a free copy of the demo again, as I dont wont to be waiting for hours just to play on the game, as I will be playing this demo to death.
Sat 24/03/01 at 18:59
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I phoned Sony and they said that they have had a lot of calls about this and that there is a compatibility problem with the disk. He said that Sony are looking in to it and that they will contact me when they sort it out.
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
ok, so it has very slow loading times...but is it as good as you thought it would be?

I thought everyone would be saying hw great is was, but people are just complaining.

Could I go to my local GAME store and purchase ZOE right away then?
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:35
Regular
"You've upset me"
I can't believe how pedantic you lot are. I thought that Metal Gear Solid 2 was going to be the best ever game released anywhere ever. ever.

So what? it has slow loading times, thats a small price to pay for what is supposedly going to be the best game ever in the world ever.

Come on stop whinging, just thank god that HAVE a MGS2 demo and that the goddamn game is actually coming out.
Sat 24/03/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
very true.

Can anyone post a post of your thoughts on the game please?
Sat 24/03/01 at 20:36
MGS2 is amazing. The attention to detail is awesome. Ok, try this, in the lounge area of the boat, go behind the bar, as you look towards the stairs you see a small tin cannister in front of you. If you shoot it, small ice cubes come out, they look almost real! Has anyone else noticed that the buttons are pressure sensitive too, if you climb into a locker, and you press the look button too fast/hard, then you can hear snake hit his head on the door. I loved the rain effects aswell. Then there was the tranquilizer gun, and shoving the guy in the locker. The game is going to be amazing.

Has anyone actually played Zone of Enders yet? That's pretty good too, the fights are so cinematic. The game ain't too long though, completed it already. I have no social life!

Sat 24/03/01 at 22:54
"High polygon count"
There must be an issue with some of the demo discs.

Got mine today, and everything is fine. No major loading times, no funny noises from the PS2, and one HELL of a good game!
Sat 24/03/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Top Gun"
There has to be something wrong wit some of the demos then as mine has no loading time at all, theres about a 1 second gap between Cutscenes. i havent played Z.O.E yet but have had only 1 hour to play on my PS2 today, in whihc i completed MGS2 twice. i love putting enemies in Lockers and throwing them over board. basically the game Rulz and so does PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.