GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm Dying"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah, you read correctly, I'm dying. We're all dying. Our lives are ending one minute at a time. Our lifespan is but a blip on the scale of creation. What's 75 years when there have been millions of years of creation? We don't have enough time. You'd think we would realise this and make the most of the little time we have - we don't. We mope about like mindless zombies, following trends like communist brainwash victims, and working jobs we hate to buy material products that don't make us happy.

Ask yourself, if you died right now - what would you wish you had done with your life? Whatever the answer is, make sure you achieve that thing when you get the opportunity. If you want to try your hand at bungee jumping before you die, go and book it now - before you're too old. If you want to swim with dolphins - go and do that. Don't live wishing and wanting and then die without ever achieving what you want. Don't spend your life scrimping and saving because you could be hit by a bus tomorrow.

When you die do you want to die and be forgotten or do you want your memory to live on and know you've made a difference to the world we live in? I want to make a difference, to change the lives of others for many years to come. Be creative, express yourself and make sure of one thing - that when you die, you die fulfilled.
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:53
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You're dying?

Well don't let any of us slow you down, hurry up and get on with it...

How can anyone get depressed when you're this young when you're gonna die in like andother 50,000 years? (Medicines will be developed to keep you alive much longer within the next 20 years.)
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:41
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Cyclone wrote:
> Some people enjoy being depressed.

A lot of people do seem to enjoy complaining and not actually doing anything to change their life for the better. They're the sort of people that are always looking for a quick fix, and are more likely to become addicted to things, or be with a partner they don't love.

Still though, you do get people that just feel unhappy ALL the time. It's like when you wake up and you just want to cry or beat someone up, and every single situation is horrible and you feel like you have no future. Whichever chemicals are controlling your brain in that way must do that constantly for some people. Whether you can control that as a conscious human being is something I'd be interested to know.
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Some people enjoy being depressed.

'I'm in love with, my sadness' springs to mind.

Fulfillment doesn't have to be saving a life, or teaching others, or even pleasing someone else.

It changes for each person.
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:24
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
I totally agree with doing stuff instead of just thinking about it, and I'll raise you a 'do stuff you're afraid of'. So many people don't do stuff cos it's 'a bit scary' and so many people stay in relationships they're unhappy in, just to 'have someone'. You need to learn to be happy on your own first and then if someone comes along you should enjoy being with them without it taking over your life.

I recently split up with a guy I was engaged to for 3 years and I've never been happier, I was scared of what might happen if we split up, but I did it and I think anyone who is unhappy in their relationship should get out, cos those minutes ARE ticking away. Plus the stress of it will probably kill you off a lot sooner.

I also think that for me, just apprecating the fact that we are a miniscule part of this universe, and caring about the way we, as life, and as a universe, have evolved to be what we are is the most important part of living. I have so many friends who just don't care about stuff like that, they know who Darwin is, and that he had a theory that's something to do with us and apes and that's it.

I really enjoy life, and I'm pretty much always happy & positive, so I do feel bad for people that are ALWAYS depressed and suicidal. Like people with Bi-polar (I think that's what it's called)
Thu 08/01/04 at 11:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
Deep meaningfull discussion ... Metal Gear Solid 2

I fail to see the link.
Thu 08/01/04 at 10:09
Regular
"..."
Hey Paradox , that's exactly how I've been thinking for my whole life . tell me , do you have mgs2 ?
Thu 08/01/04 at 09:58
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
ahh... fair enough
Thu 08/01/04 at 09:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Amy Bell wrote:
> Ixnay on the sarcasm. It does not endear you.

I wasn't being sarcastic! I thought you were spot on with your observation, and I fully agree with you.

If I was being sarcastic, it would be either (clap....clap....clap) or (slow clap with sneer on face) :)
Thu 08/01/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Ixnay on the sarcasm. It does not endear you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.