GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 demo dissapointment"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 09:13
Regular
Get this... I cannot play my ZOE and MGS2 Demo this morning because of a sticker problem !!

To explain, I preordered the game on special reserve and expected it to arrive today. To my dissapoint there was nothing in my mail box this morning.
I rang special reserve to check things out and was told that the games are indeed in stock but that the distributor will not let special reserve distribute them because they do not have the sticker saying that the MGS2 demo is included. Now special reserve, and I, have to wait for stickers to arrive before my game can be shipped.

DOH.
Sat 24/03/01 at 12:05
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Could it be my PS2 because it is very loud playing games and watching DVD’s, it’s that loud that the noise distracts me, and I sit well away from the TV. If it is my PS2 what is the number to get it changed?

Come on MGS2 work!!!
Sat 24/03/01 at 12:01
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I left it for 30 minuets and still nothing, a blank screen and a screaming PS2
Sat 24/03/01 at 11:58
Apparently theres a batch of MGS2 demos that have problems. You've just got to be patient as they take ages to load. believe me its worth it. so viperfire sit tight and wait a little
Sat 24/03/01 at 10:31
Regular
"Whatever!"
My copy of Z.O.E has just arrived through the post this very second!!! Gonna play that demo, will be back later!!!
Sat 24/03/01 at 09:49
I did the same thing with renting ZOE at Blockbusters and when I got it home there was no Demo Disc! The rental copies only must come without the free Demo that you are suppost to get, which means the only way for the demo is to buy the whole game! The graphics are good on it though, the PS2 is starting to show something at long last. The game is not perfect, but so much better than all the the others that came out on launch. Looks like a taster of things to come :-)
Sat 24/03/01 at 09:49
I did the same thing with renting ZOE at Blockbusters and when I got it home there was no Demo Disc! The rental copies only must come without the free Demo that you are suppost to get, which means the only way for the demo is to buy the whole game! The graphics are good on it though, the PS2 is starting to show something at long last. The game is not perfect, but so much better than all the the others that came out on launch. Looks like a taster of thing to come :-)
Fri 23/03/01 at 23:12
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
The Z.O.E. I got from EB has a 15 rating on it, but it is not a sticker it is part of the front cover.

The MGS2 demo that came with it will not load, the PS2 just starts screaming. Is there something up with my PS2 or is it the demo?
Fri 23/03/01 at 22:01
Just to point out... ZOE isn't delayed the game. it's out just some shops havn't got the stickers yet for the rating
Fri 23/03/01 at 17:33
Regular
Conker's an 18... but it has the 18 certificate actually written on the box, not just the sticker...

That damn Zelda. About six years in development... worth it mind. Great game.
Fri 23/03/01 at 16:45
TG - Seriously though, we are talking about a couple of days here. Not a Zelda like delay, or anything ;-0.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.