GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS2 demo dissapointment"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/03/01 at 09:13
Regular
Get this... I cannot play my ZOE and MGS2 Demo this morning because of a sticker problem !!

To explain, I preordered the game on special reserve and expected it to arrive today. To my dissapoint there was nothing in my mail box this morning.
I rang special reserve to check things out and was told that the games are indeed in stock but that the distributor will not let special reserve distribute them because they do not have the sticker saying that the MGS2 demo is included. Now special reserve, and I, have to wait for stickers to arrive before my game can be shipped.

DOH.
Fri 23/03/01 at 09:13
Get this... I cannot play my ZOE and MGS2 Demo this morning because of a sticker problem !!

To explain, I preordered the game on special reserve and expected it to arrive today. To my dissapoint there was nothing in my mail box this morning.
I rang special reserve to check things out and was told that the games are indeed in stock but that the distributor will not let special reserve distribute them because they do not have the sticker saying that the MGS2 demo is included. Now special reserve, and I, have to wait for stickers to arrive before my game can be shipped.

DOH.
Fri 23/03/01 at 09:26
Regular
I think that if you ordered it from SR, then this will apply to Wookiee, myself Flying Pig, and the five others who have claimed this game as a gameaday prize.

Doh! Never mind. I just got Moto GP, and as I haven`t yet been home, I haven`t played it yet. There`s also Starfighter to look forward to, so there`s plenty to do even if ZOE is delayed a few days.
Fri 23/03/01 at 09:31
"High polygon count"
That would explain why my copy didn't arrive today.

Aaaarrrrgh!

It's the bloody distributor's fault, not ours, and not SR's. Why can't we have our game?!

C'mon Tony... send 'em out... we won't tell, honest!
Fri 23/03/01 at 09:32
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I recieved an E-mail from SR saying that they had ZOE in stock, but alas - nothing in my post box this morning, which'll mean that I'll have to wait until monday to play it. NO FAIR!!
Fri 23/03/01 at 10:11
The problem is that the box has no age rating on it for the MGS 2 demo. The demo is rated 15 by the BBFC (the official one) and if there is no rating on the box, it is illegal for us to distribute them, sorry. We are on top of this problem though and will be sending them out as soon as possible.
Fri 23/03/01 at 10:17
"High polygon count"
Thanks for the info, Ali.

In the meantime, could you give us the address of your supplier, so that those of us desperate to play the MGS2 demo can practice our stealth and killing skills at their offices? :-)
Fri 23/03/01 at 10:21
"High polygon count"
Also, Ali... any chance you could post a quick message here when the problem is resolved?
Fri 23/03/01 at 11:22
Game had this problem as they also didn't have any 15 stickers. they just stuck 18 ones on though!!
Fri 23/03/01 at 13:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
So does that mean we can't walk into a S/R shop and buy one off the shelf?

I'm renting it from Blo****ster tonight and hope they have the demo with it.
Fri 23/03/01 at 14:05
I very much doubt it. they just get rental versions of games and films

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.