GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who was that guy who stayed awake..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/04 at 09:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
Which forum member was it who stayed awake for absolutely ages?

I have a feeling it was a notable, perhaps Grix, perhaps not.

Anyway I want to know how long he stayed awake because I've not slept for 2 days now, and might as well go for the record.

I've also hooked on coffee, and I've been watching that show, Shattered, on channel 4, where contestants stay awake as long as they can. I'll beat them all.
Wed 07/01/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I avoided caffeine both times. Remember: it'll catch you up eventually.
Wed 07/01/04 at 13:31
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm absolutely fine - im going back to college in a mo.

I've been on coffee and Red Bull for a long time though.

Got bless caffene.
Wed 07/01/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Twenty quid."
How do you feel?

After my travelling day (see two posts below) I felt *really* tired, but after the other time (in July) I felt as if I could carry on.
Wed 07/01/04 at 13:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'm on 54 hours now.
Wed 07/01/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Twenty quid."
A day in my life just over 5 years ago:-

2.pm GMT / 9.00am Florida - wake up, drive to airport, take off from Tampa and land at Dallas, take off from Dallas and land at Gatwick (5.30am GMT), drive to Cheltenham, drive to Worcester, drive to Kidderminster (8.30am GMT), do a day's work, drive to Worcester, climb into bed (10.00pm GMT), sleep.

Just over 32 hours in total which isn't much but, I was travelling and stressing about times, checking-in, and then having to drive when I got to England.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:55
Regular
"That's right!"
I think 36 hours is the most I've gone without any sleep. Could be higher, but it's not like I set out to stay up for a certain amount of days from time to time or anything.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah sniper, I really f***ing love not being able to sleep because every time I lay down my throat ceases up and I can't breathe. It's as fun as drugs to me.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:46
Regular
Erm just cos they do it in a silly reality show you think it's cool?
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Well, I think it was DW who managed 5 days and nights.
Wed 07/01/04 at 12:42
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah, naked staying awake contest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.